Pinelands 40 (miles)

sandman

Save this date. Feb.5,2022; It will either be, Wharton, Carranza start, or Brendan T Byrne, office start.
Any thoughts on which place?
Wharton has a long tradition. But all the single track between Carranza and the Batsto trails have closed up and not used.
BTB has a lot of single track from the start. Enduro trails, fire cuts.
I'm okay with either place, but a decision needs to be made this week.

pibbles

Save this date. Feb.5,2022; It will either be, Wharton, Carranza start, or Brendan T Byrne, office start.
Any thoughts on which place?
Wharton has a long tradition. But all the single track between Carranza and the Batsto trails have closed up and not used.
BTB has a lot of single track from the start. Enduro trails, fire cuts.
I'm okay with either place, but a decision needs to be made this week.
Florida

sandman

Okay! The place will be Brendan T Byrne. 8 o'clock is the time. First loop will be about 23 miles. Lunch at the cars. Second loop will be about 17 miles.

carvegybe

Do we need to confirm attendance or can we just show up? Where exactly at BTB is the starting point? Thank you.

carvegybe

Also, what is the pace? Is the food BYOF? Is there a $ cost to the event? Is water wet? What is the answer to everything?

A summary post about this event would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

sandman

Do we need to confirm attendance or can we just show up? Where exactly at BTB is the starting point? Thank you.
No need to confirm, but it would be nice to know that you are showing up. As stated above, the office at 8am. From the circle where Rt. 72 starts its journey to LBI, at the 1-mile marker, turn into BTB.

sandman

Also, what is the pace? Is the food BYOF? Is there a $ cost to the event? Is water wet? What is the answer to everything?

A summary post about this event would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
It is a 7 hour day. It is not a catered affair. The only cost is the time taken to do this ride. Bring wet water. The dry stuff just doesn't work. And! The answer to everything is, GO RIDE A BIKE!

carvegybe

Ok, I'm in subject to weather conditions supporting a 2.4 tire.
It is a 7 hour day. It is not a catered affair. The only cost is the time taken to do this ride. Bring wet water. The dry stuff just doesn't work. And! The answer to everything is, GO RIDE A BIKE!

carvegybe

Wed-Fri looking warm enough to melt the snow and Sat looks cold enough to make surface harder. Could be a perfect set up.

I just don't know if the love of my life can handle 7 hrs of sand in the drivetrain...that is relationship-breaking friction possibly. I might take my dirty ex instead.

Top Bottom