Pine Hill Arms Triathlon

Glancing Aft

On Saturday I raced in the Pine Hill Arms triathlon at Belleayre. I am not a swimmer, so this was a great opportunity for me to a do a tri since it was a 2 mile ski - 10 mile bike - 3 mile run format. When I arrived I was a little turned off by what seemed to be a lack of organization, and that the registration was at a different lodge then the transition setup point.

Once the race started it was a blast, there is something so thrilling about bombing down a ski trail in an all out race with 75 or so other people around you. The race had a laid back attitude and everyone was extremely friendly and encouraging during it. Afterwards the hotel that was sponsoring it put on a fabulous buffet dinner.

I ended up finishing 12th overall (3rd in my age bracket) and my girlfriend finished 3rd for females (1st in her age bracket). here is my gps log.

Anyways, if you are looking for a fun event to kick off your bike season and say goodbye to the ski season I would highly recommend doing this race!

Eileen

I was up at Belleayre this past Saturday. Didn't do the tri but I saw everyone lined up at the top of the Tomahawk lift. It definitely looked like fun - maybe I'll give it a try next year.

Glancing Aft

and I thought I swore off wearing spandex while skiing 10 years ago (bib #1)...
DSC_0049.JPG

The Pole, Pedal, Padal race does look sick! There's one that's a similar format at Mt Washington in NH as well.

Top Bottom