pictures from the lands of sour

warcricket

Like a Jerk
My buddy, who rarely posts (dancingthefool), and I had a blast rolling around on the boulders today. too lazy to rotate them, sorry for the blurriness:

DSCF0650.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

DSCF0636.jpg

DSCF0658.jpg

i'd post moar but my camera just died... maybe later...

J-Dro

Nice pics. Conditions were perfect today eh? My crew fixed some of the rocks on the roll-down in your last pic this morning so it should have been nice and solid.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Saw you guys in the lot at about 2PM heading in. I was with my girlfriend and road by and said hello. I was too chicken to attempt that roller in your last picture. 29" wheels help in there? Did you go at it counterclockwise?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
29ers help everywhere!
i have yet to be able to get up that feature tho...

we went counter, there's some hike-a-bike but the trail goes straight up to the summit and all downhill from there. the better ride is clockwise but we took the easier route as my friend is still new to the sport and wasn't up for the climb.

Last edited:

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I noticed there were a lot of places in the boulder field where people scattered rocks that were once built up. I tried to fix some. Would have been pretty dangerous had someone come through expecting them still to be there.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
yea, it happens. all of it is really only stable enough to ride over quickly. if a hiker slips and a rock flies away, chances are good that it's not going back into place...

ArmyOfNone

Jeff we have been long over do for a ride together. Time to throw the 20 on and we need to hit that place up for some fun!

J-Dro

Jeff we have been long over do for a ride together. Time to throw the 20 on and we need to hit that place up for some fun!

Let's do it. I know you're in the middle of a bromance, but you can still have a little fun on the side, right?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
nice pics - i love that place - especially where the pics were taken. i miss climbing there, but the riding is a blast.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions