RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
This is Cyclocross ...

Attachments

• attach.jpg
    attach.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 283

BiknBen

That's not cross. Someone knocked over the barriers. The regulation height for a barrier is 40 cm.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
That's not cross. Someone knocked over the barriers. The regulation height for a barrier is 40 cm.

Hi Ben,
These are run up stairs on a hill, not barriers. The race is in Schnectady, NY part of the NYCross.com series

RC ... :)

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I simply just don't get it. The running with the bike thing.

I imagine if your into road riding and mtbing, it is perfect.

Is that picture supposed to be some kind of extreme, cyclocross riding at its best type shot?

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl

I imagine if your into road riding and mtbing, it is perfect.

Is that picture supposed to be some kind of extreme, cyclocross riding at its best type shot?

I compete in a 3 hour mountain bike race, but just a 40 minute cyclocross race puts me in a comatose state. There is no time to rest. Last weekend Tommy and I raced back to back cross races, Saturday was in Cambridge, NY and Sunday we were in Bennington, VT. At the top of a long grass climb on Sunday there were a double set of barriers :drooling: what a stupid place to put them! the hill was hard enough. Road riders I feel have an advantage compared to mountain bike racers. In cyclocross racing I think endurance and power are keys to doing well.

RC ... :)

ps. Good idea to put a Cyclocross forum up

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

Cyclocross is hardly about running with your bike. Dismounts are becoming rare. In a 2.5K course you may be off your bike for 20feet of it, the rest is PAIN in the saddle!! UCI rules are setup to make the courses fast.

-Jim.

PS-Try it!! You can borrow my pit bike!!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have only done one race but I think about it all the time.

I am hoping to do fifth ave this Friday and Fair Hill on Sat.

Top Bottom