Pictoral Intro

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Been posting for a month or so, but thought I'd make a formal intro. This past spring, I was in DC and wound up renting a mountain bike and accidentally riding 30 miles up and down the Potamic. I was hooked. Fortunately, my brother-in-law used to be into this stuff and let me borrow his old Klein hardtail, this one:

bike03.jpg

Rode as much as I could in the summer. Ringwood, Skyline, High Mountain, Cunningham Park in Queens, Bethpage & nearby parks in LI. I live Northeast near the GWB.

Recently, I found a good deal on a 2007 Stumpjumper Comp, so here is my new ride:

bike04.jpg

Back in the day, I used to be into freestyle. KHE Jesse Puente flatland + skateboard + box of Korean Pear (eaten):

bike06.jpg

I also like to think I'm mechanically inclined so I picked up this old Specialized Expedition frame as a project bike. I was thinking about making it a 69er but dunno if I want to spend the money. Think I might put some cheap components on it so I can start learning. Not a total dummy when it comes to building bikes since I used to put together my own BMX bikes. Anyway here's the frame:

bike05.jpg

Got a couple of bikes out of the dumpster. Raleigh Record from the 80s. I'm not sure what to do with this. Possibly a SS project? Note the new Park Workstand. The stand is kind of cheap, but seems like it'll work OK for most things:

bike01.jpg

My current SS ride, out of the dumpster again, could use some tweaks. I actually enjoy riding this one a lot:

bike02.jpg

Thanks everyone for answering my noob questions I posted previously. It's been very helpful and I hope I can contribute more and meet some of you for rides and such.

Jimmy

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome Aboard,
Amazing what kind of bikes you can find in the trash isn't it??

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
welcome!

i also found a raleigh (two, actually) in the trash and built a single speed CX-ish thingy. there are pics in my blog and the SS thread that's floating around the "media room".

as for your 69er project, don't waste your time. i've been down this road. without a frame that was build for a suspension fork, the geometry will be all off and you'll be lifting the front wheel constantly. my advice would be to put two 12" tires on it an roll that way. :D

Top Bottom