Picnic: What's in your pot?

Shaggz

A strong 7
It looks like we will have a great turnout for the picnic and appreciate your offers to help feed this crowd. This will be a "Bring Your Own Beverage(s) of Choice" event.

Here are the 4 categories, please try to serve 8, and we will "close" a category once it appears we have enough:

Chips, Dips Chains & Whips (pick foods)
Guac & Chips - El Zoller
Bean Dip & Tortilla - Mare45
Mexican Spring Rolls - Anrothar
Chips - Chris G.
Chips - Jim G
Chips - Norm

Salads/Sides
Potato Salad - Neen
Macaroni Salad - DD-
Antipasto Salad - DD-
Cole Slaw - Shaggz
Greens - Jim G
greek chicken salad / pitas - Pixy

Mains
3 Foot Sub - Compliments of the Great Wazu in East Hanover
50 Hot Dogs - Norm
Pulled Pork - Shaggz
Authentic Mexican Food - El Zoller
36 Beef & Veggie Burgers (plus cheese) - Kirt

Desserts
chocolaty goodness cookie bars or brownie things BiknBen
Brownies - Neen
Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy - Anrothar
2 homemade walnut sour cream apple pies and 2 pecan pies - Mrs. Weber
coffe cake - ronzn4spd
cookies - eileen

Condiments/Extras
Rolls - RyanE77
Charcoal - Walter
Garbage Bags - Walter
sauerkraut - ronzn4spd
Cups, Paper Towels, Plates, Forks/Knives/Spoons - Bozzizle & Jersey Girl
Ketchup & Mustard - Chris G.

Please drop me a PM or post here if you can help out with one of these.

*There are barbecue grills for cooking and warming food*

Last edited by a moderator:

BiknBen

I'm all about the desserts. I'll be bringing some type of chocolaty goodness!!! It may be in the form of cookie bars or brownie things. Who knows?!?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Is somebody bringing gas/electric stove? or something to heat the food? Is there a fire pit area?
I wanted to bring a Mexican type dish, but it needs to be hot, well, I am trying to convince my lovely wife to cook for you bums! :D

If that plan fails, I guess I'll bring some chips :D

Is somebody bringing gas/electric stove? or something to heat the food? Is there a fire pit area?
I wanted to bring a Mexican type dish, but it needs to be hot, well, I am trying to convince my lovely wife to cook for you bums! :D

If that plan fails, I guess I'll bring some chips :D

You quoted us guacamole!

You quoted us guacamole!

oh yeah, that too.....SPICY!!!!!:getsome: :getsome: :getsome:

N

njmtbgal

What I can bring...

I have 3-4 six packs of various beers in my downstairs fridge leftover from Grady's Puppy Party that I can bring... I know its BYOB, but I don't drink beer so I might as well bring it for others. If the weather is bad (rain or super cold)I likely won't be there tho 'cuase next weekend is a super busy one already so... is there a ride or rides being held in conjunction with this event? I'm new so forgive me if I don't know all of the ins and outs... I'll check the other threads and see if I see anything...

Cheryl

Mare

Mexican...my fav. I was planning on bringing some bean dish with tortillas. I guess we have a theme here. Yum!

DD-

Picnic

I'll bring an antipasta salad and a macaroni salad

Last edited:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I have to believe that there are grills at the pavilion, but we will look into this.
I was wondering about this myself. How can we have a picnic without some American-style cookout food?

I was wondering about this myself. How can we have a picnic without some American-style cookout food?

We can bring the Everybody Loves Raymond (tm) brand Hot Dogs!

Oh didn't someone mention being able to get us cheap bread products? I suppose one of us should go to Costco and grab 45,000 burgers and dogs. Maybe I'll take care of that.

I believe it was RyanE77.

Shaggz

A strong 7
they have barbecue grills, so in the spirit of keeping this thread as clean as possible, i am deleting any references to grills, and ElZoller will bring Mexican Food :D

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll

We can bring the Everybody Loves Raymond (tm) brand Hot Dogs!

Oh didn't someone mention being able to get us cheap bread products? I suppose one of us should go to Costco and grab 45,000 burgers and dogs. Maybe I'll take care of that.

I believe it was RyanE77.
WTF happened here?!?!?:confused:

R

RyanE77

Hamburger & hot buns

If somone can let me know about how many hamburger and hotdog packs to bring they come 1dz per pack. also i can bring rolls for sauage and pepper just let me know how much to bring.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the homebrew is taking longer than i expected to reach final gravity, so it will not be ready for the picnic. i will substitute with ample amounts of fine microbrews. mexican spring rolls will definitely be in effect, as will a fruit salad. i night try to get an herbal, homebrewed iced tea ready for the event too.

Wazu

I'm bringing a large sub from The Great Wazu. It feeds 20 to 25 people. 1/2 Turkey and 1/2 Ham Provolone and Salami.........or maybe Cappacola. I'll bring Juice and Mayo on the side and it will be pre sliced. I'll also bring a case of Wazu water. Maybe a kind soul will offer me a beer.

D

DANSPANK

It looks like there's going to be a HUGE amount od food at the picnic. Does anyone know of a shelter or something that we could take the excess food to? It shouldn't go to waste...

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
It looks like there's going to be a HUGE amount od food at the picnic. Does anyone know of a shelter or something that we could take the excess food to? It shouldn't go to waste...

65 Decker Pond Rd, just North of Pub 517......................I'll also accept cash donations.......................

Shaggz

A strong 7
We seem to have lost our picnic planner, so i am winging this as we go along. From the information you folks provided, we should have somewhere between 60 to 100 people (which includes the invite extended to the Trail Crew that will be at LM that day).

So far, about 4 people have committed to help feed the masses. We don't want to be wasteful and we don't expect each person who brings food to prepare for that many people. So please, if you intend on bringing something, let us know.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just bought a pack of 50 hotdogs today. And a big bag of chips, Costco style.

So RyanE?? we need 50 buns.

Also, for the people who are a bit gun shy about showing empty handed, just bring a few beers and you'll be fine. We'll have far too much food.

Top Bottom