Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Trail(130-150)

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Long Travel(150mm+)

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

jackx

Based on riding a 100mm Epic and a 140/130 trail bike at Wildcat, i'd vote

Trail(130-150mm, SB130, Ripley, Fuel EX, Stumpjumper).

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I do think a hard tail has it place and I know @scotth could probably beat 87.5% of the people on this board on his SS rigid, I think a trail bike is the way to go up north.

68nova200

i dont really ride anywhere other than wildcat and I ride a giant anthem. It's 130mm front 110mm rear. There are a few trails where more travel would be useful but I can also ride and have just as much fun on a steep head angle 100mm fork hardtail. I think the threat of a catastrophic crash on any trail is what makes it fun, not what bike you are riding.

JTK37

i dont really ride anywhere other than wildcat and I ride a giant anthem. It's 130mm front 110mm rear. There are a few trails where more travel would be useful but I can also ride and have just as much fun on a steep head angle 100mm fork hardtail. I think the threat of a catastrophic crash on any trail is what makes it fun, not what bike you are riding.

Threat? I've already gotten my stitches for the season.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
i switch back and forth between my 150mm trail bike and my 100mm hardtail there and have fun on both. Just gotta be slower and more delicate/precise with the hardtail but i love it for all the climbing.

goldsbar

Hmm, I've covered almost all of them except the 150+. Topped out at 150 back in the 26er days. They all work. Assuming you like to stay on the bike, climbing is just as important here as descending. Wouldn't want the rigid on new way down, but it was a lot of fun on some of the other trails. On the other hand, while that enduro-themed FS might get you 10 seconds on new way over a more standard XC FS, that rear tire might be more prone to slip out while climbing one of the features.

I'm almost as fast on any given segment on my HT as I am on my 120 FS, though a few seconds here and there plus the constant rockiness does add up on a 2-3 hour ride and the 120 FS is just more fun.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I wanna try one. Keep wondering if the climbing is still primo.
You're welcome to try mine if I can try yours

IMG_20200620_053748.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions