Pick a SUV

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
What about the Toyota FJ ? They've gotten great reviews and my friend and his wife love theirs'. Damn tough looki' too:getsome:.I don't know if it's available as a single speed or a 29er though:D. I'd say the Toyota Rav-4 but from your poll I take it you're looking for something a little larger? My votes' for any Toyota though. After 2 pick-ups and a 4-Runner they've proven themselves to me.

pinkshirtphotos

look into the new vw sportwagon that is coming out shortly. rumor has it vw will release it with a tdi engine. If its anything like the mkiv tdis you will be pushing anywhere from 40-50 mpg even if diesel is $5.00 a gallon you still win with cost per mile. The newer diesels are just as if not cleaner burning then a gas powered car. vw also allows you to run 100% biodiesel with no modifications and keeps your engines warranty. most car companies require something like a 20% dino diesel mixed into your bio diesel to keep the warranty.

dursman

If you absolutely positively need to get an SUV, go with the 4Runner... new or used does not matter, I'd say 4Runner. If its only to carry a bike then the Sportwagon TDi is such a sweet idea or you could always take off the front tire and throw it through the trunk of any compact car... am I the only person that still does that?

gtluke

The Moped
for the money you really can't beat a cherokee
i was given a 94 grand cherokee and i'd love to swap it for a 5spd cherokee. maybe then i'd drive it more than once a month.
i was an auto mechanic for 9.5 years, and my choice would be cherokee without a doubt.

MTB Aussie

2006 Element

I love my Honda Element. Not a real SUV but you can pack a ton of stuff in it, remove the rear seats and you fit even more. I get 20/26 for mileage mostly since it is a brick in the wind. I can fit my road bike in the back with only one seat flipped up without removing wheels or other such messin' around. I can fit the mtb also but due to the mud factor I tend to use a hitch mounted rack. It has plastic flooring and washable seating so spilling stuff or throwing funky jerseys on the floor doesn't matter. Nor does my dog who drools a mile a minute when riding in the car. I got the 4x4 or AWD version and it is OK - I climbed an icy hill at a snowboard mountain that other SUV's (well most of them are pretenders anyway) were not making it up. The stick shift helps give it a little zip. The stock sound system kicks too. Best part, I drove it from the dealer for only $20,600 new. I was evaluating the Toyo FJ. Smaller, thirstier and nearly ten grand more - I bought a new MTB with the money I saved.

P

PutSomeStankOnYoCrank

I love my 2006 Xterra. Great truck. Fits a bunch of stuff. Decently roomy and looks badass, even on some later models.

Top Bottom