Pick a SUV

RyGanley

I am in the market for a used SUV, but my options seem endless. I am curious what ya all think. Of course money, milage and availablity are a issue, but when it comes down to it I think it will be one of these.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I just got a honda pilot and I like it. hopefully the gas mileage improves once it is broken it....

anrothar

entirely thrilled
do you want it for the space, or for the all-weather/all-terrainability? is gas milage a consideration?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i just got a new grand cherokee. it's my fifth jeep at this point. $1500 down, 10,500 miles, under $300/month @ butler jeep. those guys there are fan-freakin'-tastic.

i looked at EVERYTHING and for the $$ and for what i use it for (which ain't all that much, truth be told) it's perfect. i wish i could have rationalized the landrover LR2 but i just couldn't. that thing is awesome. bling-bling.

ArmyOfNone

You can have mine. I cant believe im saying it but i want something a bit smaller. I always wanted a huge pick up. Not anymore.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i wish i had something a little more practical for offroad stuff. my 05 civic si hatchback thats lowered just doesnt cut it. haha.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I am in the market for a used SUV, but my options seem endless. I am curious what ya all think. Of course money, milage and availablity are a issue, but when it comes down to it I think it will be one of these.

You can't even fathom how much gas is gonna be within the next couple years. Skip the SUV unless you're also gonna live in it

N

Neen

I have a Mountaineer in really good condition if you're interested in buying used! :D

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Sad, but true, I ordered one for '09.........

Attachments

• fred_wilma_baby_car.jpg
    fred_wilma_baby_car.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Engignar

What size are you looking for - small (CR-V type), medium (explorer) or mondo (tahoe and up). Ever notice how the "small" SUVs are much larger than they used to be? What about an AWD wagon or crossover type deal, get better mileage and handling with similar practicality, minus the ability to jump creeks dukes of hazzard style.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
The Ford Escape hybrid (2WD version) supposedly gets 34/30 MPG. Even if that's exaggerated that's still amazing for an SUV.

Nimrod

You can have mine. I cant believe im saying it but i want something a bit smaller. I always wanted a huge pick up. Not anymore.

Or mine... 1993 Ford XLT, Extended Cab F-150, 4 x 4.

Twin tanks, 5.8 liter motor, about 10-12 mpg. Its bitching cool, but it spends all of its time parked in front of the house. Used for Home Depot runs these days....

Glancing Aft

Go for Jetta Wagon TDI. You'll get the same if not more storage than a small SUV and be pushing 40 mpg. Plus you can convert it to run on hippie juice. That's one of the options that I'm thinking for the next whip anyway.

ArmyOfNone

Or mine... 1993 Ford XLT, Extended Cab F-150, 4 x 4.

Twin tanks, 5.8 liter motor, about 10-12 mpg. Its bitching cool, but it spends all of its time parked in front of the house. Used for Home Depot runs these days....

Thats what im talking about...or what i used to be talking about. :-/

don

The defenders are badass. The don't get squat for mileage and they cost a fortune, but boy do they look sweet.

Yeah, they are pretty bad mileage wise but actually not far off from other SUV's. I do know the fun factor is much great than other SUV's.

Besides, they are the type of vehicle you will not want to drive long distances with anyways. Your leg gets tired from the clutch, arms tired from the steerer, and back from the seats - forget talking on the phone and even listening to music is hard as it can be loud. I don't need to travel too far for anything so for me it works very well.

And the resale value holds. They are typcially worth more now than new - show me another vehicle from 1995 like that. Not that I bought mine as an investment - I've already sunk money into it and have even more parts coming in and others in the shop ready to install.

Top Bottom