Piaggio 3-wheel bikes

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
The Can-Am Spyders are super cool, but 15 grand for 31 MPG is not something I'm interested in unless it has airbags and doors.
Speaking of which, pricing on the Chevy Bolt comes out in the near future. The first 40 miles come straight from the electric motor. Hopefully it's under 35 grand, but I doubt it.

walter

Fourth Party
Wow, I didn't know they were that much. I should have guessed from the fact that the ones at the dealer didn't have a sticker on them.

walter

Fourth Party
I have two hooligan friends that just both bought Vespas. They said they have gotten them up to 65. Whether they want to stay there is another story.

Its funny, they ride the Vespa's to dirt bag bars and park them alongside the HD's.

walter

Fourth Party
Now that I think of it Justun, I have seen these at a shop in Metuchen. I may swing by there tomorrow to check them out.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've seen scooters making a comeback. Saw a guy with one on 287. 80-110 mpg baby. And sexy to boot!

300px-2005_Honda_Metropolitan_Kiwi.jpg

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
post a ride report if you go. I may take a job nearby and at 10 miles away I could consider something like in the future.

well at 10 miles i should be biking it of course.:D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Max Speed 40MPH, 43 MPH downhill. Was the guy riding the shoulder??

Slow lane, probably doing 40? I don't seem to remember him going terribly slow, but I don't drive 80 anymore either. Can't you get a big wheel up to 43 on a downhill? Uphill must be a real fun time.

BiknBen

Anyone seen these?

A biking friend of mine has one. Lives in Lambertville. I don't think he uses it much though. I'm not sure which model it is but it is a Poggio or however it is spelled. I sat on it but didn't even start it. It's an oversized scooter but I don't know d!ck about bikes so my opinion means zero.

Last edited:

The Kalmyk

They're cool looking and half the price of a Vespa. Though they're illegal in CA because of their high emissions. Nicer if they kept the look but modernized the underpinnings.

It has a lefty too...The Buddy is a more traditional fork...I may have to change things up here...

Top Bottom