Phone mounts, whatcha got

the schwartz

What are you using to mount your phone to your bars (or stem)?

Bonus points for cheap but solid options.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
1591145711234.gif

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
quadlock!

perfect when using zwift.
why else would you have your phone on your bars? :D

i think my referal code expired. the case is very thin, and protects the edges of the phone
while it is in your pocket while riding outside. :p

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Phone in pocket or pack. You can break a $200-400 GPS, be angry, not replace it for weeks, and still have a working phone, but smash your $1000 phone, and you’re gonna be fucking angry/pissed/upset/whatever and go replace it the next day.
Even worse, you get hurt and smashed whatever is on you bars, you still have a phone in pocket/pack to call for help.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Phone in pocket or pack. You can break a $200-400 GPS, be angry, not replace it for weeks, and still have a working phone, but smash your $1000 phone, and you’re gonna be fucking angry/pissed/upset/whatever and go replace it the next day.
Even worse, you get hurt and smashed whatever is on you bars, you still have a phone in pocket/pack to call for help.
Definitely this^^^^^
quadlock!

perfect when using zwift.
why else would you have your phone on your bars? :D

i think my referal code expired. the case is very thin, and protects the edges of the phone
while it is in your pocket while riding outside. :p
Before I got a Garmin I used to use Quadlock and it's rock solid. It's not the cheapest but it's worth it if you are going to put your $1,000 phone on your bars.

RobW

Don’t forget, when you’re done riding you can put you phone In one of these fancy holsters. Then slip on some New balance shoes and head home to grill some burgers n dogs.
E4BA5411-4808-46F4-B800-C86992685670.jpeg

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I only mount my phone on the stem of my road/gravel bike. For mountain biking I have it tucked away safely in its own case mounted to a shoulder strap of my hydration pack for easy access. I mount a GPS enabled bike computer on the stem or handle bar (depending on the bike) of my mountain bikes.

the schwartz

i guess, but.. there are plenty of trails that are easy enough that i might accept the risk for the convenience, or especially for family rides on my gravel bike, etc etc.

one piece crank

I got a Quadlock a year ago. It is a really good, secure mount, and I never gave any thought to damaging my phone (still don't). I always get buyers remorse after a GPS purchase (always lower Tech than expected) and this seemed painless. I used it religiously for a month or two, but now I just rely on Trail-memory, and stash my phone in my frame bag. The Quadlock is a high quality mount, still attached to my bars, and doubles as a light mount.

the schwartz

I got a Quadlock a year ago. It is a really good, secure mount, and I never gave any thought to damaging my phone (still don't). I always get buyers remorse after a GPS purchase (always lower Tech than expected) and this seemed painless. I used it religiously for a month or two, but now I just rely on Trail-memory, and stash my phone in my frame bag. The Quadlock is a high quality mount, still attached to my bars, and doubles as a light mount.
thanks, i'll check out quadlock in more detail - at a glance though it's a little pricey and they don't offer a case specific to my (admittedly niche phone, the ) LG V30 so I'd have to get their generic option. Which is fine, but probably not worth the 50-70 dollars to me.

Agree, I hate GPS's (i.e. Garmin). I bought a Montana 600 for dual sport riding, trails and woods. Functionally and physically, they are without peer, but yeah the experience is crap. It's halfway decent on the device itself, but then get into the accomnpanying software (Basecamp), and it's a straight up horror show. As a UX Designer it makes me feel a mix of rage, and... well, i'm so depressed now just thinking about it that i can't come up with a strong enough word for how empty and miserable it makes me feel

I'm used to using a Ram mount on my moto, but it's probably heavier than anything bicycle-specific
1591195801004.png

Top Bottom