Phone line issue

w_b

Our land line (that I have been trying in vain to get my bride to ditch for years now ) started carrying AM radio the other day. En Espanol. All the time. no dialtone or phone function.

Pickup the receiver and Mucho gusto, ondelay reeeba esta ay yai yai! I had to laugh when the insurance commercial with Slash playing intro to SCO'M came on in Spanish. WTF.
Verizon came out after a few days and said our lines are too old and decrepit (he actually said that) and they can't work on them; we'd need all new.

EFF them. They don't even care that they are losing a customer.

Last edited:

johnbryanpeters

Our land line (that I have been trying in vain to get my bride to ditch for years now ) started carrying AM radio the other day. En Espanol. All the time. no dialtone or phone function.

Pickup the receiver and Mucho gusto, ondelay reeeba esta ay yai yai! I had to laugh when the insurance commercial with Slash playing intro to SCO'M came on in Spanish. WTF.
Verizon came out after a few days and said our lines are too old and decrepit (he actually said that) and they can't work on them; we'd need all new.

EFF them. They don't even care that they are losing a customer.
Land lines are on their way out.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
AM interference...what station?...are you in NJ?
We test equipment against RF interference. The acceptable demodulated level is very low.

The phone your using is demodulating the interference. The lines are antenna, new or old so blaming the lines is nonsense.

Could also be that the phone lines are not traditional land lines to a Central Office but rather derived from fiber on a cheap Optical Network Terminal.

Try a better quality phone like AT&T rotary dial.....lol....more irrelevant tech...on a roll

Last edited:
Top Bottom