Philly Friday....

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Conditions permitting I am looking to get a wiss ride in on Friday starting around lunch time. Hopefully beat the rain/snow. Anyone around that neck of the woods?

I would consider anyplace strikeable from downtown philly also.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Once again, the work thing has me cornered. (No ride since two Sundays ago.) This Saturday, new volunteer training session, Sunday, TM at 6 mile. Hopefully I can cram a ride in somewhere, if the weather allows.

C

ChuckU

Tomorrow might be a mess when it thaws. I'd say morning will be nice and frozen though....

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Chuck you nailed it. I rode up to the "sustainable trail demonstration" spot above the valley green inn and turned right around, it was entirely too soft up there in the sunny spots.

I was impressed to see that there wasnt a ton of tracks through the slop either. Looks like some real nice trail work in that area, I look fwd to getting back when it is rideable.

C

ChuckU

Chuck you nailed it. I rode up to the "sustainable trail demonstration" spot above the valley green inn and turned right around, it was entirely too soft up there in the sunny spots.

I was impressed to see that there wasnt a ton of tracks through the slop either. Looks like some real nice trail work in that area, I look fwd to getting back when it is rideable.

If you wanna know how the conditions are there is a trail conditions graphic at www.phillymtb.com If you sign up you can get to the live chat that normally has more details and grumbling about bad trail conditions.

Wiss gets a ton of traffic so even if 90% of the people stay home there are quite a few users. There are spots that are pretty beat up right now. I managed a weird route late this afternoon, by putting together the spots that tend to stay dry/frozen....and that was marginal cause of the spottyness.

Can't wait till we get out of this freeze/thaw period!

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I ended up riding wiss on friday around 1pm. I started at walnut and did 2 loops. Nears kitchens it was pretty sloppy, but not to the point that the trail was messed up or anything. I saw 4 other riders out there during my 18 miles. Unfortunately, I saw dozens of riders entering and exiting on sat and sun (i spend weekends at my gf's who lives a couple blocks off lincoln so I go past the park alot.)

I'm guessing the trails are in bad shape today and they're only going to get worse. . .

Top Bottom