Pfw

kush

Who's doing the PFW A ride tonight (tue may 25th) at 6pm out of Cranbury?

If I have company I'll do it, if not, I'll do the local hills in Bucks County.

Thanks

Last edited:
i was on the C-bury ride. I had a miserable time and turned off with a friend.

They had a major yo-yo pace going. 21 / 28/ 21 / 28 mph/

5 guys who could ride at 30 mph all day and 10 guys who redlined at 25.

No one pointed out a single one of the huge pot holes and basically it was every man for himself.

I ended up with 62 miles tonight with an average of 20.5

Figure that I did about 20 with the group. We split off in clarksburg leaving us closer to great adventure than to home.

I did PFW a week ago Thu. What a disaster. Like Jason, I'm done with PFW forever. I almost got taken out twice, and they all whine and bitch incessantly. Me and two other fellas just got so fed up so we pretty much took off every meaningful stretch (hey keep it to 23! wtf)

The problem is that the skill level is so diverse in the A ride. More importantly the douchebag to non-db ratio is approximately 10:1.

In contrast, last night I did the Central Bucks A Ride again.

There was a group of 16-20 when we started, so I had some concerns that a group that large could be effective

Well, the group and the ride were absolutely awesome. This felt like a friendly race, where there were attacks on the hills and the downhills where you actually need strategy to stick with it, and always a quick regroup at the top (or the bottom) and go.

There were some super strong guys there, one Cat 2 guy from Van Dessel who knew Maurice, another an Open endurance racer, and some other guys who clearly knew what they were doing. Our hockey team's goalie was there by coincidence. No douchebags.

And the hills and screaming descents! I love that area.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/37064978

The PFW rides are a suicide mission. (out of Cranbury anyway)

I heard through the grapevine that someone broke a frame in 1/2 during a ride last week. They hit a mailbox. WTF??

I have more fun and ride better roads on my own rides.

Avoid Cranbury at all cost.

Jane C however does lead a nice ride out of Rocky Hill that is worth looking into. This is a more organized group. I have brought my GF on these ride and I would never feel safe bringing her to Death-bury.

I heard through the grapevine that someone broke a frame in 1/2 during a ride last week. They hit a mailbox. WTF??

Jane C however does lead a nice ride out of Rocky Hill that is worth looking into. This is a more organized group. I have brought my GF on these ride and I would never feel safe bringing her to Death-bury.

what happened here? Last year you guys did this ride all the time, different group of guys now?

Lots of new faces. These guys think that this is a race. 30mph then 18mph and back again. Too much yo-yo riding. It is hard but that isn't the complaint.

I did PFW a week ago Thu. What a disaster. Like Jason, I'm done with PFW forever. I almost got taken out twice, and they all whine and bitch incessantly. Me and two other fellas just got so fed up so we pretty much took off every meaningful stretch (hey keep it to 23! wtf)

The problem is that the skill level is so diverse in the A ride. More importantly the douchebag to non-db ratio is approximately 10:1.

The Cranbury ride has been having issues. Especially early this year. A group of fast riders have been showing up and not playing nice. Rick, the Ride leader, put his foot down last week. I was there last night to show support. It was totally fine with a group of 10 riders.

What people forget is that group riders are about communication and expectations. Every group ride is made of diverse people at different fitness and experience levels. Get over it. To say that they are DBs and need to be avoided at all costs is dumb.

Find a group that works for you and move on.

The Cranbury ride has been having issues. Especially early this year. A group of fast riders have been showing up and not playing nice. Rick, the Ride leader, put his foot down last week. I was there last night to show support. It was totally fine with a group of 10 riders.

What people forget is that group riders are about communication and expectations. Every group ride is made of diverse people at different fitness and experience levels. Get over it. To say that they are DBs and need to be avoided at all costs is dumb.

Find a group that works for you and move on.

Well, I did find a group that works, and I am moving on.

The problem is in fact that these are not the kind of people that I want to ride with. You can think of a more politically correct title. There were guys who had no clue how to ride in a pack or a paceline. Rick wasn't there, he had vertigo in the first 5 mins, so he left, maybe it would have been better I don't know. But it became a failed police action with another guy trying to control the group's momentum.

In contrast, the Buck's ride didn't have a leader. It didn't need one. Call it what you want Ben. Cranbury blows.

Group rides can be unpredictable. With strong riders showing up it can be great, a week later it can be be mediocre without them. An A ride than turns into a b- ride. There is something magical when everyone in the group is a strong cyclist.
I approach group rides as more of a social event, and a chance to ride in a paceline...even if it is slow at times. I pencil in other rides during the week to work peak fitness and dont rely on a group ride to push myself to the max.

Back
Top Bottom