Petition for crossing signs at S.Middlebush Rd. For 6 Mile Run.

allygadget

Hey all, here it is!! http://chng.it/SCBPXYV6

I plan on going to the next county meeting on Tuesday August 6th. It would be great to have a good number of signatures by then but feel free to keep sharing it beyond that date as we are just beginning the process.

Please sign and share in other groups across other platforms!! Safety first.

screenshot_01_400x400.jpg

Off The Road Again

Thanks @Dingo. Tried to sign n share but link had everything but the present topic to sign. I totally agree that maybe some type of signage at the road crossing may alert some drivers. Both Middlebush crossing and Chimney Rock Road crossings have become a game of Frogger. I like the idea but don't trust today's drivers who, for the most part, are clueless to anything around them other than their phone.

rick81721

Lothar
Noble effort but we went down this path several times in our FL community. Local governments put little credence in online petitions, especially "change.org" ( have they ever changed anything?). Biggest problem is they are unverifiable and one person can "sign" it multiple times with fake names/email addresses.

rick81721

Lothar
Can someone change this man's user name to Negative Nancy?

Jeeze is this the kumbaya world? Just recounted previous experience with this. If people are interested in the details:

Our town proposed a postal consolidation which would have resulted in our town name/zip code changing - our community was opposed. As a first step, someone in our community conducted a change.org petition and presented it at the commissioners meeting. They basically got laughed out of the meeting - so in effect it cost us time and credibility. Ended up going back and conducting a physical paper signed petition, which the commissioners accepted and we eventually prevailed. Now maybe somerset county officials are not nearly as savvy about online petitions compared to a bunch of old coots in Florida but I doubt it. YMMV

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jeeze is this the kumbaya world? Just recounted previous experience with this. If people are interested in the details:

Our town proposed a postal consolidation which would have resulted in our town name/zip code changing - our community was opposed. As a first step, someone in our community conducted a change.org petition and presented it at the commissioners meeting. They basically got laughed out of the meeting - so in effect it cost us time and credibility. Ended up going back and conducting a physical paper signed petition, which the commissioners accepted and we eventually prevailed. Now maybe somerset county officials are not nearly as savvy about online petitions compared to a bunch of old coots in Florida but I doubt it. YMMV
Maybe they should have printed out the Change.com petition. BOOM. paper petition!

Reactions: rlb

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Apples and oranges.

We just want to add a more visible sign. And we've seen several examples of similar situations with better signage. We're not changing postal codes.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We also can show how the biking community came together for those "don't ride in the mud" signs at six mile. Didn't cost the town or the park a dime.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions