Peter Sagan Appreciation Thread

Ian F

I suppose that means he'll start racing World Cups, which should be fun to watch. I wonder if he'll add any 2023 races to his schedule.

Bikeworks

Amazing rider, and I'm glad I was alive to see such a great of the sport compete as it happened. He specifically said no World Tour stuff, but that doesn't exclude Classics and the like, does it?

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Amazing rider, and I'm glad I was alive to see such a great of the sport compete as it happened. He specifically said no World Tour stuff, but that doesn't exclude Classics and the like, does it?
That depends. For him to race any of the major classics he would have to be on a UCI pro team that gets invited to the race. Since he’ll be concentrating on the mtb for the Olympics, I would doubt he would doing any road races at all. Will be interesting to see what team he’s on in 2024. I would guess he’ll do whatever pro mtb races he can get in before the Olympics. Maybe with his specialized sponsorship he’ll have his own team just for the season. Obviously he won’t need a team for the Olympics other than the Slovakian national team.

Last edited:

Bikeworks

That depends. For him to race any of the major classics he would have to be on a UCI pro team that gets invited to the race. Since he’ll be concentrating on the mtb for the Olympics, I would doubt he would doing any road races at all. Will be interesting to see what team he’s on in 2024. I would guess he’ll do whatever pro mtb races he can get in before the Olympics. Maybe with his specialized sponsorship he’ll have his own team just for the season. Obviously he won’t need a team for the Olympics other than the Slovakian national team.
I was left with the impression he will remain with Direct Energies based on his interview.

Jmann

I was left with the impression he will remain with Direct Energies based on his interview.
His contract with total energy is up at the end of this year. They’ll need him off the payroll for 2024 so they can move on and sign guys. My guess is he’ll end up as some sort of Uber ambassador for specialized into his retirement. Or he’ll just party like crazy the second he doesn’t have anything to train for.

Jmann

Sagan got smoked in the 2016 XCO Olympics. Doubtful he could compete with the best at a world cup or Olympics.
He punctured right after the pit on the second lap and had to carry his bike the whole lap. Before that he was in the top three.

But, yeah, the competition is probably even harder this time if Pidcock and mdvp are racing.

Top Bottom