PERFECT ride today !!!

aedubber

So today was great weather and i was feeling good. I parked up at the main parking lot on Skyline . Jumped on r/w trail to get me to Cannonball trail, came down the trail much better then last time lol, as i got close to the lake i entered the Blue trail and took that all the way up to the Orange trail . I must say my first time being on Orange and WOW this trail is extremely fun, sick views, and pretty crazy to ride. Lost track of Orange at one point and ended up by some unmarked trails i guess that are used for motos . Wasted some time around there and finally got back onto Orange .

Im not sure which way is best to ride this Orange trail , but i found 3 areas impossible to ride up , the rest i managed . Anyways, continued my journey , jumped onto Indian trail back up to Cannonball, took a right on blue and took the yellow fire road up back to parking lot . I am def feeling beat up from this ride today .

Im not sure who is in charge of trail work here but there is a couple tress downed on top of each other on the Indian Trail that needs to be cut .

This view reminds me why i like riding :
photonkp.jpg

aedubber

Um yea that sharp right hand turn is insane , I had a hard time walking up it lol . And then there was another uphill where you pass the gas line trail and continue on orange , that was very hard to climb up too .. Either way man this trail was awesome !!

Well as far as the fire road , I didn't mean the yellow trail itself , but there is a fire road that runs along the side of yellow trail . :)

aedubber

Hey what's up bud !? .. Um wheels down around 12:45-1pm give or take . Did u go today or no ?

Have any of you guys been on the white trail ? Seems like a long ride down by yellow ..

Last edited:

crash

nice photo.
definitely start the orange trail from the north side, where the blue meets the gas pipeline.

Schilling

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey what's up bud !? .. Um wheels down around 12:45-1pm give or take . Did u go today or no ?

Have any of you guys been on the white trail ? Seems like a long ride down by yellow ..

was up there around 12 rode switchback, castle, tower, blue, then decided to ride to ringwood yellow up, red back

aedubber

was up there around 12 rode switchback, castle, tower, blue, then decided to ride to ringwood yellow up, red back

Ya then we def missed each other , thats a hell of a loop you did tho lol , i dont think i could of done all that .

crash

I was out on the blue. orange and the pipeline today. Very soggy. Some obstacles. A few downed branches. The ranger must have gone out since some of the bigger limbs have been chainsawed. A good starting point for the blue trail may be from the parking spot on McAtee Lane.

MannyL358

I was out on the blue. orange and the pipeline today. Very soggy. Some obstacles. A few downed branches. The ranger must have gone out since some of the bigger limbs have been chainsawed. A good starting point for the blue trail may be from the parking spot on McAtee Lane.

Ranger? ...I don't think I've ever seen ranger a Ramapo. It was most likely volunteers.

MannyL358

Who is in charge of the clean up at Ramapo anyways?

You and me! What I mean is no one per-se is under contract or obligation to do the cleanup. There are organizations like NYNJTC and JORBA who are stewards of the park but the work gets done by volunteers.

aedubber

LOL lemme know when your down to go clean up !! All i know is that the yellow trail needs help bad from what i tried to ride and didnt end up riding . Gonna need some chainsaws for certain parts . Im sure JORBA is going to be slammed bust trying to get a bunch of more popular trails cleaned up i guess .

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions