Pennypack park

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I had a blast with the Philly mtb meetup group last night riding at Pennypack.
Tight twisty single track mostly with lots of log-overs a few rocky sections and some wicked climbs here and there. I was pretty burnt out after an 11 mile loop. :eek: It was a bit overgrown in sections but still tons of fun.
Definitely check it out if you get the opportunity. there are a lot of trails we did not hit also so i will have to go back for some more exploring eventually;)
Here's my GPS data:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/97123326

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I had a blast with the Philly mtb meetup group last night riding at Pennypack.
Tight twisty single track mostly with lots of log-overs a few rocky sections and some wicked climbs here and there. I was pretty burnt out after an 11 mile loop. :eek: It was a bit overgrown in sections but still tons of fun.
Definitely check it out if you get the opportunity. there are a lot of trails we did not hit also so i will have to go back for some more exploring eventually;)
Here's my GPS data:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/97123326

Next time you go, you have to have them bring you to the switchback section. It's this crazy mile long section that is almost completely contained within a few hundred square feet. You are constantly turning back and in on yourself. On your Garmin map, after you crossed Veree Road, you stuck to the trail that runs along the road for a while. If you had taken the one that bears to the left insetad, it would have brought you right into it. I haven't been there in a while, so it may be blocked off or altered, but if not, it's a really fun (and challenging) section of trail.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Next time you go, you have to have them bring you to the switchback section. It's this crazy mile long section that is almost completely contained within a few hundred square feet. You are constantly turning back and in on yourself. On your Garmin map, after you crossed Veree Road, you stuck to the trail that runs along the road for a while. If you had taken the one that bears to the left insetad, it would have brought you right into it. I haven't been there in a while, so it may be blocked off or altered, but if not, it's a really fun (and challenging) section of trail.

Thanks for the tip sir! I will check it out the next time that I have a chanced to ride down there.

I've never been but have been wanting to do one of these rides; the place is fairly close to my work.
Do it! it's a blast!

Ian F

Pulling this one out from obscurity rather than creating a new thread.

I rode there on Sunday (3/24/2019) and conditions were near perfect. Hardly any mud at all despite the heavy rain on Friday. It looks like the trees and ground cover have "woken up" and are starting to suck moisture from the soil.

Ian F

Despite the rain on Friday, Pennypack conditions were awesome. Hardly a spot of mud anywhere.

Top Bottom