Penns Hill Trail

MNicolosi

really really fun. i was so surprised. i ride technical rocky terrain in north jersey quite often. growing up in oakland i am used to rocks, roots, and rough terrain. however, after riding penns hill there is something to be said about soft, rolling, fast, and twisty terrain. it was super fun, there were no rocks, some roots but surprisingly a lot of fun little climbs and descents, and a ton of twists and turns. to make it even more interesting there were a lot of narrow foot bridges that you had to hop up onto and ride over without falling. on occasion they were coupled with a steep uphill or a sharp turn right before or after the bridge. that added a small element of technical riding. either way if you are in south jersey, live here, or just passing through and have your bike it's DEFINITELY worth a ride. my family has a place on lbi, and i am in the area a lot, I will most certainly be back.

ps. from the looks of it penns hill (white blazes, 8.6 miles, btw) was the trail to ride there. it seems to be the only singletrack in the park, but i could be wrong. enjoy!

starflyr

this is what i say all the time!! i think this place could be really cool with a little tlc. there is more singletrack you just have to know where to look. one major drawback is the ticks. the summertime is not bad its redunkle!!

MNicolosi

how bad is it? we went last weekend, put bug spray on and showered soon after. at this point (few days later) i don't appear to have any bites.... time will tell i suppose.

Mildly Wild

either way if you are in south jersey, live here, or just passing through and have your bike it's DEFINITELY worth a ride. my family has a place on lbi, and i am in the area a lot, I will most certainly be back.

Where is this? (closest town)
Any trail map available?
Thanks

The Rose

I rode this park last saturday. I cant belive i waited so long to ride here, wow, this place is pretty cool. Very beginner friendly , and the bridges are pretty sweet. If it wasnt for the ticks I would ride this place alot mre.

joemastro

Spent some time out on the penns hill trail Saturday and you guys are right, it is a lot if fun. Not sure we're supposed to be on it tho. Anyway its great to have this park so close to home.

As an FYI they're doing some work on the green/yellow trail. Looks like they drove a bob cat through to clear it out. The trail in that spot is really soft. Made for a very hard peddle.

wells mills

was there yesterday. Did some green white yellow trails...Great time... Green is actually very technical. Drains very well. People who say it doesn't are obviously not true Piney's and have not ridden in other areas in the pines...hahaha. I love white and yellow though. Had a great time. So many trails. .Can spend a lot of time out there Good time. Recommend to all beginner/intermediates. Advanced can have some fun too. Love this place and rangers said colors are a guide for less experienced mtb'ers because they don't want people biting off more than they can chew. you can ride any trail.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom