• Stupid

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Both

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
She probably doesn't ride it because of that seat position :eek:
Ha, that’s so my 13 year old daughter can ride it as she’s just tall enough to use it. While she’s tall for 13 she’s not as tall as my wife, yet. I laugh at the categories for hybrid bike sizes. I bought it at Campmore when they still had a bike shop. The sales rep told me that it’s not a mans or woman’s large, it’s a “standard” large.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Ha, that’s so my 13 year old daughter can ride it as she’s just tall enough to use it. While she’s tall for 13 she’s not as tall as my wife, yet. I laugh at the categories for hybrid bike sizes. I bought it at Campmore when they still had a bike shop. The sales rep told me that it’s not a mans or woman’s large, it’s a “standard” large.
Actually thinking about it further, my daughter has grown a few inches recently. Time to re adjust the seat and post. Indoor trainer fitting time...

TimBay

Echelon did it right with their jacked santa ad. #feministexcecisebikebrandofthecentury?

Oz Von Toco

For what it's worth I asked my fiance what she thought. She watched it at work with a few female friends and they were confused why people were upset about the ad. My fiance rides a bike about 1-3x/year, when I convince her to ride a rail trail with me, but is interested in a peloton. We just think the price is a bit high!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The self absorbption is whats off putting. But if we want to be real is it any different than us posting race results, picures, etc. on here or IG?

You beat me to it. Social media is all about self absorption most of the time.

This whole discussion really just goes to my contention that we are far too pampered and entitled with convenience. I don't understand how this is news. People should go outside more.

serviceguy

I'm at a loss here, only thing that comes to mind is why is this thread in the Blog & Bathroom Remodeling thread?

littlev21

peleton.jpg

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
My SIL has 2 bikes and a Peloton bike. She loves it... she can just bang out a workout at home. She's a very busy woman. This young lady in the commercial might be a very busy peraon too. Who knows.

serviceguy

answer is none of the above. its not stupid, nor sexist, nor insulting as a gift.

someday the masses will stop sitting around hoping to be the first one offended by something, like that is some sort of accomplishment....

Cogito, Ergo Sum / I Think, Therefore I Am (René Descartes, 1637)

I'm Offended, Therefore I Am (Anonymous Snowflake, 2019)

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My SIL has 2 bikes and a Peloton bike. She loves it... she can just bang out a workout at home. She's a very busy woman. This young lady in the commercial might be a very busy peraon too. Who knows.

That's the whole thing. The ad is pointed at their realistic market. Married career woman with a college degree, 1.3 children that want to be in shape and enjoy a hard workout.

It's like complaining the McDonalds is not marketing their commercials at the same people.

TimBay

One could argue this is the actual reason people are shitting on the add. People love to get at the fit rich people as a sense of bringing them down to their level. That and just shitting on things in general. Clearly the company and ad makers created the add with the implied premise that the wife had wanted this. There are People out there that just want to hate on stuff. And there's people like myself that love to watch a train wreck and add gasoline to the fire.

BrianGT3

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I enjoy reading NJ.com, yet over the years I've noticed that website taking on a very strong political and idelogical bias. Not particular to NJ.com in general is overall sadly what constitutes "news" now is commenting on product ads or tweets. Toss in a little outrage to make it viral. It's picking low hanging fruit.

Case in point the 30 second ad for a pelaton bike.

Look an attractive financially well off person on an expensive stationary bike trying to better themselves! How Dare them!

Its all relative.
That ad is targeting a specific demographic and trying to appear genuine to that demographic.

Genuine? Yes there are lots of people out there that post instagram/fb stories daily on their life. Judging by the locales, homes these things sit it they're targetting the upper middle class with expendable income or people very well off financially. I know some incredibly well off people, and very strereotypically their wife fits into this post up my life daily basis demographic and share how amazing their life is.I can also see those guys as well as them seeing this ad an thinking, yea 2k for a bike isn't bad. I can put that in the Montauk vacation home.

To each their own. I'm just happy to see people out their exercising and striving to always get better.

Top Bottom