Pavlik-Taylor II tomorrow night!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
If you didn't watch the first match 5 months ago, you missed one of the great fights of the modern age. Most will point to Castillo-Corrales(RIP) I as the single best fight of the past 10 years, and they'd be justified since that was completely insane. But Pavlik-Taylor I had it all for me: Two unbeaten fighters meeting for the Middleweight Championship of the World -- one of them is a likable white kid from Ohio and the other has Emmanuel Steward in his corner, undefeated in championship fights -- and Pavlik was knocked down and nearly lost the fight before coming back and KO'ing Taylor in the 7th. I was jumping up and down at home and for the first time in 2 years I remembered I loved the sport.

The rematch is tomorrow night and naturally it's PPV. Though you never know if it's going to be worth it, I can safely say I am paying for this fight with greater ease than any PPV fight in memory. Mayweather-De Lay Hoya? Hopking-Taylor? All rubbish. Watch the classy kid from Youngstown, Ohio with the hands of rock and you'll be happy you did.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Smart money stays on Taylor but Kelly's got heart and devastating power and I'm hoping for a repeat KO. "Decision" is not a term Pavlik lists in his vocabulary.

This isn't a title match (Taylor's choosing) so win or lose Pavlik will unify the division afterward by going after Sturm and Abraham.

Top Bottom