Pavlik-Taylor II tomorrow night!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
If you didn't watch the first match 5 months ago, you missed one of the great fights of the modern age. Most will point to Castillo-Corrales(RIP) I as the single best fight of the past 10 years, and they'd be justified since that was completely insane. But Pavlik-Taylor I had it all for me: Two unbeaten fighters meeting for the Middleweight Championship of the World -- one of them is a likable white kid from Ohio and the other has Emmanuel Steward in his corner, undefeated in championship fights -- and Pavlik was knocked down and nearly lost the fight before coming back and KO'ing Taylor in the 7th. I was jumping up and down at home and for the first time in 2 years I remembered I loved the sport.

The rematch is tomorrow night and naturally it's PPV. Though you never know if it's going to be worth it, I can safely say I am paying for this fight with greater ease than any PPV fight in memory. Mayweather-De Lay Hoya? Hopking-Taylor? All rubbish. Watch the classy kid from Youngstown, Ohio with the hands of rock and you'll be happy you did.

Smart money stays on Taylor but Kelly's got heart and devastating power and I'm hoping for a repeat KO. "Decision" is not a term Pavlik lists in his vocabulary.

This isn't a title match (Taylor's choosing) so win or lose Pavlik will unify the division afterward by going after Sturm and Abraham.

Back
Top Bottom