Patriots' Path Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Peep this... I got as far west as I could before I had to turn around... I did have to hop across a stream on some rocks/logs close to where I turned back...
This is the farthest I've figured out how to go.
https://www.strava.com/activities/1244790552

I've gone from the pond to Dan's starting point, and it was well marked/paved.
I keep looking at the link into hacklebarney too.

Maybe @JimN ??

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nah, I've not been down that way. If you look at the map though, it shows proposed/unfinished sections in both directions from Gill St Bernards. So it's possible they haven't worked out some property access issues, or the trails aren't built. Since this is a public forum, I'm not going to suggest just going in there and exploring and just being prepared to say sorry. Nope, definitely wouldn't suggest doing that.

I know there is some stuff further along Dan's route there into Mt Paul, but I think it's pretty bushwhacky. They were supposedly talking about building in there I think. I have a friend that has explored in there, but I don't think he's on here. @Jason might know something more.

xc62701

I've continued it and followed it across 206 and through the arboretum and into some pretty rough stuff on a cx bike that ended up over by the Kay Center or something. It's fun to check it out and try to get lost.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I've continued it and followed it across 206 and through the arboretum and into some pretty rough stuff on a cx bike that ended up over by the Kay Center or something. It's fun to check it out and try to get lost.

what about that link in the long valley area up to the columbia trail? is that just the old rail bed that comes in behind the chubb park?

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Nah, I've not been down that way. If you look at the map though, it shows proposed/unfinished sections in both directions from Gill St Bernards. So it's possible they haven't worked out some property access issues, or the trails aren't built. Since this is a public forum, I'm not going to suggest just going in there and exploring and just being prepared to say sorry. Nope, definitely wouldn't suggest doing that.

I know there is some stuff further along Dan's route there into Mt Paul, but I think it's pretty bushwhacky. They were supposedly talking about building in there I think. I have a friend that has explored in there, but I don't think he's on here. @Jason might know something more.

From where Dan crossed Burnett Brook, there is trail that intersects and heads north. This section is the official PP spur. You will have to cross the brook further north and it gets very deep. Jim is correct, this section is majorly overgrown. I had to come through on both sides to figure out how the trail crossed. There are a number of bridges that were destroyed during sandy and they still haven't been fixed. This spur section takes you out on Mount Paul Pl. and there are a few ways to cross into the Mount Paul property. This is a piece of property that we were looking at with the county but the project hasn't really progressed much.

Here's a ride from 2016 where I hit this section: https://www.strava.com/activities/595628246

xc62701

what about that link in the long valley area up to the columbia trail? is that just the old rail bed that comes in behind the chubb park?

Behind Chubb Park it gets a little rough but makes its way over to the trail off of Tanner's Brook road that eventually goes through Palmer Park then to the Columbia Trail. That's a fun section to ride.

qclabrat

Peep this... I got as far west as I could before I had to turn around... I did have to hop across a stream on some rocks/logs close to where I turned back...
This is the farthest I've figured out how to go.
https://www.strava.com/activities/1244790552
Been speaking to the Brian who runs the unofficial site for the PP at it does end there, but they are trying to open a trail up to Mount Paul and loop back down to Gill
http://patriotspathtrailmaps.weebly.com/trail-descriptions.html

Last edited:

qclabrat

made it up there today, there is a trail head to right off Daly Rd, next to 206, it leads right into Willowood and Bamboo Brook preserves. Had to turn around before getting up to Hacklebarney or Black River parks. Trails get more single track and fun where I stopped. Seems like an easy shot up to Columbia Path if I had more time. Next time I'll park at Bamboo Brook, cause SS mtbs are no fun on Pottersville. Some of the PP trails are shared with Chester
https://chestertownship.org/township-committees/parks/township-parks/chester-trails/

@pooriggy Bamboo Brook and Willowood look like great places to XC ski, saw a few tracks

MVIMG_20180110_130055.jpg
MVIMG_20180110_132655.jpg
MVIMG_20180110_135227.jpg
MVIMG_20180110_135435.jpg

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Sunday morning was rideable from Motown to LewMo with a few ice patches. The big hill closer to LewMo was a luge track however.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom