Pasting from Google Photos

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I don't have a simple solution yet.

copy/paste inserts a URL to the photo which nobody else can see.
You can see it, cause it is cached - eventually, you will not be able to see it - as the link you pasted is ephemeral.

Hitting the share tool will create a link to the photo, but that link cannot be embedded.

ie https://photos.app.goo.gl/cXXV3vnbjY68u3HL9

the not simple solution is to download the photo to you device, then use attach file or open the image,
use the share tool there to copy the file, and paste. This is the method used for the bathroom remodel pic...

I am still working on a solution - it may be the google strong-arming the forum people.

1672833164616.jpeg

Patrick

Staff member
On my chromebook, I was able to download, then view in folder,
then choose share off the context menu, which had an option to copy -
then paste worked as expected.

Should i make a quick screen shot video?

1672833409884.jpeg

serviceguy

I don't have a simple solution yet.

copy/paste inserts a URL to the photo which nobody else can see.
You can see it, cause it is cached - eventually, you will not be able to see it - as the link you pasted is ephemeral.

Hitting the share tool will create a link to the photo, but that link cannot be embedded.

ie https://photos.app.goo.gl/cXXV3vnbjY68u3HL9

the not simple solution is to download the photo to you device, then use attach file or open the image,
use the share tool there to copy the file, and paste. This is the method used for the bathroom remodel pic...

I am still working on a solution - it may be the google strong-arming the forum people.

View attachment 204013
The solution you should be working on is the random length of those edge tiles, I almost had a seizure looking at them...

Patrick

Staff member
I bumped the bug report thread in the Xenforo admin community and was told not to bump bug reports.

Patrick

Staff member
Still no reply from the developers - it is approaching 5 weeks.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Still no reply from the developers - it is approaching 5 weeks.

Not surprising, you know what software developers are like.

compiling.png

Top Bottom