Park Tool Classes

Shaggz

A strong 7
The Folks at Cycle Works in Byram are running the Park Tool Class starting Mid-January. There will be 4, 6 and 12 hour classes held on Tuesday and Thursday Nights.

We are trying to put together a 12 Hour Class for Saturday Mornings, 8-10. The cost will be approx. $185, which includes the park Blue Book and a discount on tools. We will need a minimum of 5 people for this class, and the size is limited to 10.

PLEASE respond to this post or PM me if you are interested in the Saturday class. You can contact John or Frank at (973) 347-3733 if you have additional questions.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'd be interested. based on my high level math, this is a six week course?

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I took John's class a couple of winters ago and it is great. I learned a bunch from him and now I do most of my own maintenance. I bring the bike in when I need his expert opinions or if I need to use special tools that I do not have.

Besides, it is fun to learn things about your bike you didn't really know before. Oh, and John's stories about his past experiences are worth the money in themselves. :)

Shaggz

A strong 7
Park Tool CLasses:

Saturday class starting January 13, 8:00am-10:00am

Please let me know asap if you are interested, limited space available

Here is alink to the course description:

http://www.cycle-works.biz/pages/classes.html

Jake, Brad I mentioned to John that you guys were tentative yesses

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
Last Call

Well, there is a spot or two still open - call John at (973) 347-3733 if you are interested. Mention mtbnj

NJ Jess

Darn, I wish I lived closer

I've wanted to take John park tool class for 2 years now. Unfortunately, it's too far a drive from work, and I also work on saturdays. do one in March, I hope to be unemployed.

NJ Jess

Why yes!

Not something I have heard before...but im sure its for the better :)

Why Yes! Think of the riding time I could have!

Tomorrow it will be very cold out. Our worksite is muddy,....and I'll be there welding overhead pipe while on my back,........now do you see why I want to be unemployeed for awhile.

NJ Jess

maybe

A really good student would write up a summary of their experience at the Park Tool class, hint hint. (some of us are working rats, ya know.)

Shaggz

A strong 7
1st class - went over bike basics. very interesting and informative, for example we discussed different causes of flats, and john had examples of a damaged tire and the corresponding tube damage. another good one was the chain discussion with pieces of three diffferent manufacturers chains, and what type of link or pin is used to repair them. other topics we touched on were bottom brackets, tubes vs. no tubes, damgae to rings, cassettes and chains. We all got a laugh when john pulled out some of my damaged parts from over the past few years for show and tell.

very informal, and it is great to have access to an awesome shop owner/wrench, who really rides bikes. next week we bring our bikes in and will be working on them as part of the instructional process. The only negative is that jake was the topic of discussion towards the end... anywaze, between the book and today's class, i feel like i got my $$s worth already. the rest will be gravy

NJ Jess

cool

Sounds like class with John is great,...as I expected. He had done miracles on my Specialized FSR before Allamuchy 24 and the All-a-muchy 50k. I hope to attend one of his tool classes in the future. Today was beautiful in Asbury Park. As I worked, I saw numerous bikers, joggers, and walkers out in the sunshine. Thanks for the recap.

Top Bottom