Park PCS-9.2 Stand - Yoke Lubrication?

kjarrett

Just got one of these, really like it.

The yoke however doesn't slide up and down (when collapsing the legs) as easily as I think it should, even when the locking nut is completely loose. Should there be any sort of lubrication involved?

Similarly, the adjuster that allows the clamp to spin also isn't as smooth as it could be. Wondering if lube is needed there also.

Thanks for any input,

-kj-

jklett

Send an email to Park before messing with it. I personally wouldn't think that greasing parts that support the legs or keep the bike from spinning would be a good idea but I haven't seen the tool in person. It could just need to break in a bit too, maybe some flash in the castings.

kjarrett

Good call, I had already @'d them on Instagram, figured that would be the fastest way to an answer - but I just emailed them.

I kind of doubt any lube is needed but the action just isn't as smooth as it should be, IMHO.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good call, I had already @'d them on Instagram, figured that would be the fastest way to an answer - but I just emailed them.

I kind of doubt any lube is needed but the action just isn't as smooth as it should be, IMHO.

I find this interesting. Mostly because if I tagged them on Instagram it's kind of throwing out in public that I'm having a problem with their product, and the person who sees it from the company is probably more in a marketing position than technical/customer support.

kjarrett

I find this interesting. Mostly because if I tagged them on Instagram it's kind of throwing out in public that I'm having a problem with their product, and the person who sees it from the company is probably more in a marketing position than technical/customer support.

Well we have an answer - email FTW!

"Thanks for reaching out and for using our products. What I find easiest is to lift on the small lip of the yoke that is on the leg side of it. Once the legs are about half way up I then use the legs to fold it up nicely. These do wear in and get easier to fold over time."

So, no lube. And that's basically what I've been doing - it's just awkward because you have to hold the clamp and one leg at the same time while you pull up...

-kj-

EDIT: BTW that reply was from Truman Purdy, whose name you might recognize from their YouTube channel (I did not at first). Later, Calvin Jones himself ("the" Park Tool guy with the mustache) also replied as well (and agreed with Truman). Cool to be able to interact directly with people who know their stuff!

Last edited:
Top Bottom