Paintball

f2f4

I used to be heavily into it. National tournaments, regional tournaments, and state tournaments. Was on a few teams, the best-known was OhioPBX at the time. I quit just as I was invited to try out and (more than likely) play with Arsenal (a professional team with groups in D1-D2 as well) just before they disbanded. Reason I stopped (for now) is because the Air Force takes priority in my life. That and mountain biking. :D

Lemme see if I can find a few older pics of myself...

(update) Well unfortunately Flickr is blocked over here in the Middle East, BUT photobucket isn't, so I'll only have a couple to post since I don't have much in my photobucket...

Keep in mind some of these are old, and mostly when I was a newer player.

IMG_2717_web.jpg

Ego6_3_f2f4_web1.jpg

Chris_Xcape071_crop.jpg

780043452_l.jpg

(Top middle)

l_21fc8a996a465ac3f3bd6354c27c9404.jpg

(Left)

l_7009ef01e1c4def632e426e2208b0864.jpg

It's VERY fun, VERY addicting, but also VERY expensive. I was spending hundreds a month on tournament entry fees and paint, EVEN WITH my sponsorships. Closer to a grand.

If you just play recreationally, it's much cheaper. :)

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Dude.. If you take mtbing that seriously we will be in trouble!

D

DANSPANK

I've played a bit and arrange for groups from our office to go. It's a right good laugh but can get expensive. Expect to be paying around $100 for entry, rentals, and paintballs.

I have a Tippman A-5 gun. Pretty wicked as it never jams due to it's "cyclone" loading system or some crap. It's good though.

TonyC

I've played a bit and arrange for groups from our office to go. It's a right good laugh but can get expensive. Expect to be paying around $100 for entry, rentals, and paintballs.

I have a Tippman A-5 gun. Pretty wicked as it never jams due to it's "cyclone" loading system or some crap. It's good though.

I went (below link) about 2yrs ago. Those guys/girls there were super into it. Good thing we had about 50 in our group so we had our own field and was pretty evenly matched because 90% were all rentals thank God.
Some of the guns I saw there were crazy.
Yes it's around $100 like Danspank said.
http://www.skirmish.com/

D

DANSPANK

Skirmish is very well rated. They have loads of features such as villages, castles and all kinds of stuff to hide in. I've not been but I've heard it's well worth the trip.

TonyC

Skirmish is very well rated. They have loads of features such as villages, castles and all kinds of stuff to hide in. I've not been but I've heard it's well worth the trip.

It's a huge place. We got to play on 5 or 6 different fields. And we, also did the invade the Castle field. That was sick..
They give a team time to set up inside and on top of castle. Then like 100 people try to take it over. The paintballs were flying every where. Machine gun speed.

f2f4

Dude.. If you take mtbing that seriously we will be in trouble!
When I get back from the sandbox, I'll take you to an excellent paintball arena here in Jersey and show you a good time if you'd like.

That offer applies to anyone else here as well who wants to join in.

D

DANSPANK

I'll take you to an excellent paintball arena here in Jersey and show you a good time if you'd like.QUOTE]

Isn't that two activities? I'd be in for the paintball, and maybe, MAYBE if you buy me a drink first you can show me a good time.

Scotty878

Shop: Planet Bike
Shop Keep
Used to do it a decent amount. My friend and I were going to start up a team and start doing tournaments, but then it kind of fell through, and now I haven't played in over year. Always say I want to get back into, but man was it expensive! We'll see though, I have some friends who always want to play, but they like playing in backyards, I'm more of a speedball kind of guy. Anybody who wants to try it, I highly recommend it, it's a whole different experience and LOADS of fun!

f2f4

Be warned. It's very addicting. I'd say worse than meth. You'll blow thousands a year.

...Kinda sounds like riding, eh?

Top Bottom