Paint Shop

WhyMe02

Can anyone recommend a local paint shop that paints bikes in the Moorestown/Cherry Hill area? I have a old steel frame that I’m looking to freshen up. Any ideas on how much it should cost? Thanks for the help.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
we had a good recommendation farther north - couldn't find it with a couple searches.
Probably worth the drive to someone that 'gets it' with bikes. I'll keep looking.

Karate Monkey

A cheap job is $150 or under. Expect to get what you pay for (ie, drips, runs, paint or powder in threads/mating surfaces, etc).

I haven't used him in a bit, but Bruce at the Color Factory (Waretown) does an acceptable job with wet paint (Dupont Imron). Single colors are in line with the above price, with media blasting included. Just remember to let the paint cure completely before you beat the crap out of it (though that is an ideal time to--carefully--prep the frame threads/surfaces for installation).

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A cheap job is $150 or under. Expect to get what you pay for (ie, drips, runs, paint or powder in threads/mating surfaces, etc).

I haven't used him in a bit, but Bruce at the Color Factory (Waretown) does an acceptable job with wet paint (Dupont Imron). Single colors are in line with the above price, with media blasting included. Just remember to let the paint cure completely before you beat the crap out of it (though that is an ideal time to--carefully--prep the frame threads/surfaces for installation).

I used the Color Factory for my carbon fork. He charged me $50.00 to paint it flat black. It has held for the almost 2 years now.

WhyMe02

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I’ll ke you posted once I pull the trigger after the winter fat bike season- new color and drive train will be just what she needs.

serviceguy

JDurk

Thank you. That is real close to home.
Here's a friends OG EWR with custom Jen Green headbadge. https://www.headbadges.com/store/c2/Headbadges.html

1570473569821.png

serviceguy

How is it holding up
I think I had my frame done before Bob's by them, other than a few scratches caused by cable and rock rubbing it's holding up great. Powder coating will hold up better than paint as long as the prep work is done correctly. I had some car parts powder coated a few years ago and while the 99.9% of it is still shiny and smooth after sever years being exposed to the elements, a small pot has bubbled because the metal surface was not correctly prepared. I had not the same experience with Coast2Coast so far.

Last edited:

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
C
I think I had my frame done before Bob's by them, other than a few scratches caused by cable and rock rubbing it's holding up great. Powder coating will hold up better than paint as long as the prep work is done correctly. I had some car parts powder coated a few years ago and while the 99.9% of it is still shiny and smooth after sever years being exposed to the elements, a small pot has bubbled because the metal surface was not correctly prepared. I had not the same experience with Cost2Coast so far.
Cost is where you went?

Top Bottom