Pack Pump

mtnbiker5

Was wondering what kind of pumps are the best to carry in a pack for fatbike. Just realized my "old" pack pump aint gonna cut it. Lezyne?
Thanks.

numbnut

I agree completely. I've changed many flats (before tubeless) on my Ice Cream Truck with the Lezyne Micro floor pump. Works great.

numbnut

good to know i wasn't the only one that backed out a valve core.
I've found that pressing the little black button on the chuck relieves the pressure and then you are less likely to remove the core. However, the manual also recommends that you apply loctite to the cores...

Supermoto

I have the Lezyne mini floor pump, but I carry it on the bike and not my pack, not something I would want to land on. I recently picked up the Lezyne Sport HV, nice little pump too.

I have used the mini floor pump to add pressure to my bluto, not easy, but it did the job on the side of the trail

I haven't had an issue with either removing the core

huffster

If you go with the Lezyne, make sure you order/buy the HV (High Volume) as opposed to the HP (High Pressure). The former is more suited for filling the fatbike tire, while the latter is more suited for shock pressures.

Kaleidopete

I've found that pressing the little black button on the chuck relieves the pressure and then you are less likely to remove the core. However, the manual also recommends that you apply loctite to the cores...
Doesn't that little black continuously let air out of the tire and when you release it the pressure is still there?

Mumonkan

if youre pumping a presta valve it only releases pressure in the hose, if youre on a shrader valve it can bleed air out of the tube continuously

they have a new abs chuck that locks onto a presta valve like your standard pneumatic air mechanic tools also

the HP version of the micro floor drive takes an eternity to pump up my miniscule 3" tires so i wouldnt want anything less than the HV for actual fat tires

Top Bottom