P90x

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
so i decided instead of keeping old thread going id post a new thread since it is technically the start of a new diet. anyhow ive set myself a bunch of goals this time so i figured why not try P90X. so my goals are:

1. drop 40 pounds
2. pedal at least 100 miles a week, wether its in the woods or on the stationary(road bike will come when i can afford it)
3. start racing next year.
4. look sexy in a unicorn matchy matchy

ill take pics every 30 days cause this board doesnt need to see that much man boobs. lol.

Day 1:
205 lbs
Waist size 34
Photo242.jpg

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good luck MIG. As I mentioned on FB, my cousin lost 40 on this same progam. Looking forward to reading a new blog that doesn't involve me or Norm. Or Fred. Or Kevin. :D

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
ill make it as entertaining as possible. i started today and that workout is REALLY hard. looking forward to more.

larkin42

I've heard a lot of great things about this workout. Did you need to pick up a lot of equipment to get started?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ill make it as entertaining as possible. i started today and that workout is REALLY hard. looking forward to more.

Here's my first tip. Explain a bit about what you did today and how this is different. If you just post for 90 days that it was really hard, people will start to tune out quickly.

fit4life

I have done 2 cycles of P90X, can't say enough good stuff about the program. It is very tough in the beginning, but stick with it. It is well worth the time investment. You will be able to do all of the moves on DVDs by the 8th or 9th week. For me AB RipperX and Plyometrics were the most challenging. I started at 182 and finished at 160, while gaining 2 inches on my biceps, 3 inches on my chest and loosing 3 inches around my waist. If you need any advice don't hesitate to ask.
Good luck. And don't forget to "BRING IT"
Make sure you do the stretch on the 7th day, it really helps in the beginning.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
google "fat to fire t-nation" and check that out. it's a similar concept to what MIG is doing. back in the day i did the fat to fire for two weeks and got so absurdly sick from it that i was out for a week. boom.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here's my first tip. Explain a bit about what you did today and how this is different. If you just post for 90 days that it was really hard, people will start to tune out quickly.

yes, and post up a video of you doing the exercises :popcorn:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
no turning back now... looking forward to read & see your progress. keep it going

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
ok so i figured id make an update and go a little more into detail on whats been going on. the first workout was pretty heavy duty but i was able to get through it without dying. it consisted of:

The chest part of the routine involves doing standard push ups, military push ups, diamond push ups, wide fly push ups, dive bomber push ups, and decline push ups. You will do all of these workouts twice through out the one hour. each set you basically go all out for a minute straight as many as you can and keep note of how many you were able to do. i set myself goals instead of murdering myself which i will increase next week.

The back part involves lots of pull ups. The variety of pull ups and chin ups are wide front pull ups, reverse grip chin ups, and closed grip overhand pull ups and you do these twice. Your pull up bar gets a lot of use here. A couple of other back workouts are “lawnmowers” which is where you get into a lunge with a weight of your choice and pull it up like your trying to start a lawnmower. Back flys are where you get a weight and sit on the edge of a chair with weights behind your heels and you bring the weight up pinching your shoulder blades together at the top. Heavy Pants refers to a workout in which you have one foot forward with bent knees and you lift the weights up in a motion like you are trying to pick up your pants.

a few days later and i am STILL sore from this workout as to be expected. i had to skip the second day unfortunatly due to me not being at home the entire day but followed the next day with the Plyometrics workout(or jump training). this workout was pretty damn hard and a shock to the system to say the least. kinda hard to go into detail with it but there are a lot of resources online for different routines. two days later and my thighs and hamstrings are MURDERED. although im in pain the end results will be awesome im sure.

Next in line will be a shoulders and arms workout. ill update again soon.

The second day of the workout

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah but it hurts so good. If it didnt hurt the next day it wouldnt feel like you worked hard enough.
I do those plyo exersizes in the winter to stay in shape and keep my core strength for cycling and skiing.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
sorry ive been indalax in keeping updates in here. ive been rather busy but ive been keeping up with my P90X routine and its really really giving me amazing results. im about to drop another pants size and i dropped a tshirt size down from large to medium. heres a couple of pics.

Photo6.jpg

Photo4.jpg

Top Bottom