Over the bars at CCC

TFTRL

Just returned unscathed from another ride at CCC. Going down one hill that has a big section in about the middle of it where it's eroded. I was not able to hold my line around it. I figured if I hit the hole I was going over the bars at the steep angle I was in. So I grabbed a bit of brake but with the forward angle I was in I STILL went over the damn bars! Landed fine the sand was soft. :)

Before I left...I hit the same hill and nailed my line and conquered it! :cool:

I rode better up the hills today but still need to get in better shape to make some of the tougher ones. Learning curve, it's all good.

So far my favorite part was one section where I went down a long sweeping left turn in the back part of it. Almost made the uphill at the end. I've got a new goal!

Met a couple newer riders out there. One with a Cannondale 26" and the other a Marin 29er. Nice dudes.

I felt my posture on my full rigid bike over the roots and stuff was better overall today so I look at it as progress. Not terribly fast but not terribly slow right now in the twisties. But definitley need more endurance overall. I'm stopping too much to catch my breath. Feels great though right now! :)

MikeP

pretty sure I saw you today, twice on trail then in the lot. Great day to ride.

TFTRL

pretty sure I saw you today, twice on trail then in the lot. Great day to ride.

I figured that was you once you said you lived around the corner. Didn't want to ask figuring you might not want to bother with me being a newb and all. Sorry bud I should have asked...I was out of breath though! :D

I just came back from a brief ride there about an hour ago. I still haven't made my goal on that one section. That sand at the bottom just spooks me out and I loose momentum for the uphill right after that. I came damn close today though. I cleared the sand with some decent momentum but suddenly as if the woods were alive a huge leaf fell onto my face covering my eyes! Amazing luck :cry:

I DID however overcome one jump that I've had a bit of fear with. It's not that big but for me it is. Today I forced myself to study it and I jump that sucker 5 times without a crash. :cool:

My endurance is getting much better. Still suffer but will always suffer. Part of the game. And I still have no regrets on my single speed choice too. I really like feeling everything on it. It keeps me from doing dumb shit. :)

One day you'll have to ride me around and show me some tricks and whatnot Mike. Later man!

MikeP

we were all newbs at one time or another, next time just give a holler. Show me the sections you're having difficulty with....sometimes seeing the line somebody else takes helps

TFTRL

Cool. I'm gonna try to make it out there Monday at some point early afternoon late morning if the weather holds up.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions