Out of towners, go home!!!

J

joanqs

The last two days I rode I nearly came to tears. Ringwood and Wawayanda were littered with garbage. Some of the many things I saw:

Pringles Canister
Arizona Ice Tea Container
Pepsi and Coke cans
McDonalds Bag
Candy wrappers
Empty cigarette packs
Beer bottles
Broken glass
it was endless.. i couldn't pick it all up.

f..ng bennies

ytc100

The last two days I rode I nearly came to tears. Ringwood and Wawayanda were littered with garbage. Some of the many things I saw:

Pringles Canister
Arizona Ice Tea Container
Pepsi and Coke cans
McDonalds Bag
Candy wrappers
Empty cigarette packs
Beer bottles
Broken glass
it was endless.. i couldn't pick it all up.

f..ng bennies

That is a shame. It would be nice if everyone respected these places as if they were their own.

And for those who didn't know (like me):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_(slang)

D

DANSPANK

We call 'em "Chavs" and "Chavettes" - often identified by their over-accessorisation in burbury goods.

That is a shame. It would be nice if everyone respected these places as if they were their own.

And for those who didn't know (like me):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_(slang)

The real shame is that these places ARE their own - public land is, in effect, owned by everyone...alas, the rules of preschool seem to be lost once you leave preschool. Share and share alike, put away your toys, clean up your mess - all forgotten.

Unfortunately few of the litterbug f-tard types that frequent parks in the summer will learn better habits. We have to target the children...yesssssss, the children.....(insert pseudo-maniacal laugh here).

anrothar

entirely thrilled
people complain all the time about the occasional energy gel or bar wrapper mtbers leave in the woods, but nothing is ever said about the fact that most of the people leaving the above mentioned items in the woods are on foot, which makes them hikers.....

NJ Jess

Hummm

I was cheering the riders at the Darkhorse 40 and stuck up a conversation with the park ranger. She was there for the day since she normally works 909 and the Hudson Valley parks. They have a big mess at one of the small overlooks with lots of trash. She thought that bikers should police themselves better. Continuing with the conversation,...the type of trash lead me to believe they were hikers verse mtbers since it was bags of chips, 2 liter bottles of soda, KFC, etc. I asked her to notice the racers pasting; "do you think mountainbikers can carry all that stuff to create that kind of trash?" "Are the other mountain biking trails full of trash?"

Funny,....I think she quickly got my point. I offered the suggestion that more signs like, " Leave only footprints,..take only pictures" might curb the situation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom