Book of Paul H

BPaze

what hubs do you have?

@serviceguy one dt 350s are more than what my frame cost and pro 4s cost about the same as my frame is it silly that I'm buying an 800 dollar fork and wheels.... nahhhh

Depends on the wheel set I have Ibis hubs on the Ibis rims and DT's on the DT rims. Gotta be honest I am not sure which DT either 350 or the pawls I cant find the model and havent taken them apart yet to find out.

One of those hubs cost more than most hardtail frames. Plus they're not really upgradeable in therms of points of engagement as they already have more than all the others...
He said he is building this up to swap over to a FS in a year or home some mine as well go big or get out.

Honestly I get buying a high end rear hub but getting a high end front hub makes no sense other than matchy matchy

serviceguy

what hubs do you have?

@serviceguy one dt 350s are more than what my frame cost and pro 4s cost about the same as my frame is it silly that I'm buying an 800 dollar fork and wheels.... nahhhh

I actually paid the DTs less than the Hopes, not much but still less.And the DTs are straight pull which tend to be more expensive. I believe I had a very good deal...

On a side note, today I went for a nice walk at Sheperd's pond with the boss and the nerdy me couldn't help but bring the Garmin along 'just in case we get lost'...I almost had a heart attack when she asked 'how much was that?' which I managed to respond towith a 'I can't remember but not much...'. I can feel it coming, the end is near! @Paul H, any available accomodation in the garage? I can be you custom theft/fire alarm...

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I actually paid the DTs less than the Hopes, not much but still less.And the DTs are straight pull which tend to be more expensive. I believe I had a very good deal...

On a side note, today I went for a nice walk at Sheperd's pond with the boss and the nerdy me couldn't help but bring the Garmin along 'just in case we get lost'...I almost had a heart attack when she asked 'how much was that?' which I managed to respond towith a 'I can't remember but not much...'. I can feel it coming, the end is near! @Paul H, any available accomodation in the garage? I can be you custom theft/fire alarm...
You're always welcomed in my 200 degree garage

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

I have a second floor that isn't being used rents cheap too!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Depends on the wheel set I have Ibis hubs on the Ibis rims and DT's on the DT rims. Gotta be honest I am not sure which DT either 350 or the pawls I cant find the model and havent taken them apart yet to find out.

He said he is building this up to swap over to a FS in a year or home some mine as well go big or get out.

Honestly I get buying a high end rear hub but getting a high end front hub makes no sense other than matchy matchy

I want the front to be upgradeable and I'm assuming if the rear is the front is for axle spacing

BPaze

You do know that high engagement hubs are slower when coasting downhill right?
My understanding is that the onyx have some of the least resistance of any hub and is silent because of the sprag hub design. It was discussed on the board previously by a bunch of people smarter than me. If I ver have 6-700 to spend n hubs gonna try those lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom