Out for the season.

Keroberos

Took a nasty fall off one of the bridges at white clay, once i hit the ground my leg twisted until it broke. Spiral fracture on my tibia and normal fracture on my fibula. I'm out 4-6 months :(

Heres a pic of my leg:

mahleg.JPG

Keroberos

Sad news.....heal fast man. Where at White Clay did you fall, was it the skills area?

yah skills area, we checked about 1/2 the trail before riding and it was dry. Last part i hit one of the 2 damp areas on the bridge and went over.

Shaggz

A strong 7
This season is claiming a LOT of riders. Feel better. Let me know if you need someone to look after that Rize for you ;)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That sucks. I did the same to my Tib/fib 2 years ago. Mine was compounded though and required surgery. I now have a rod that runs the length of my tibia. While im certainly not a doctor, your break seems to be very clean in comparsion to mine. Mine had many broken pieces surrounding the main break. I take it you are in a cast? Only upside to surgery, I didnt have to have a cast, but I can trip the metal detector at the airport sometimes.

RNG1

Ouch, I feel your pain although mine is not nearly as bad. Feel better and stay busy somehow. Maybe we should start a thread for the injured as a support group.:eek:

Keroberos

That sucks. I did the same to my Tib/fib 2 years ago. Mine was compounded though and required surgery. I now have a rod that runs the length of my tibia. While im certainly not a doctor, your break seems to be very clean in comparsion to mine. Mine had many broken pieces surrounding the main break. I take it you are in a cast? Only upside to surgery, I didnt have to have a cast, but I can trip the metal detector at the airport sometimes.

yah i'm in a thigh high cast, doctor said he could ask for a better position for the peices to be in.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yah i'm in a thigh high cast, doctor said he could ask for a better position for the peices to be in.

Well with mine I was back racing my motorcycle in 10-12 weeks. Took a while to get my knee back in shape, but the surgery caused alot of scar tissue in my knee area. You wont have that problem. Did he say how long until you start therapy? Dont rush things, but I wouldnt be suprised if you were back around in less that 4 months.

Keroberos

Well with mine I was back racing my motorcycle in 10-12 weeks. Took a while to get my knee back in shape, but the surgery caused alot of scar tissue in my knee area. You wont have that problem. Did he say how long until you start therapy? Dont rush things, but I wouldnt be suprised if you were back around in less that 4 months.

yah i think it'll be less as well, i've started therapy now (sister-in-law is a physical therapist). I'm definitely not rushing at all. Just want to heal up right.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yah i think it'll be less as well, i've started therapy now (sister-in-law is a physical therapist). I'm definitely not rushing at all. Just want to heal up right.

Good deal. You should be back around quick. Meantime, if you have a wheelchair, head over to the rockaway mall and sprint around. Thats what I did to try and get some excercise :D

This is exactly what my leg looks like now, although they took the screws out and let me keep them :D

1599819532_934a056065.jpg

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Dude,
heal fast this is one of them to tell your grankids....
BTW do x-rays count for a post your boo-boo pic??

NJ Jess

owwwwie

Sorry to hear about the layup. Keep up your spirits with some good vids,....maybe the tour on versus,...Zen of Mountain biking repair book,....reading blogs. I believe sometimes God puts "SpeedBumps" into our lives so we will slow down and refocus on the things we love. Hope to ride with you this fall.

Top Bottom