Our First JORBA Trail Day Was A Success!!!

Wobbegong

We were able to create about 1/2 mile of new singletrack today! Thanks to everyone who came out to help us make this new trail happen. We put in 60 man hours today to create a fantastic trail.

Along with Jdog and myself, Our group consisted of:

Ben Tufford
Emily Tufford
Fred Brown
Michael Redja
Bill Mc Govern
Christopher Drew
Tim Coch
Larry Etgen
Jeff Drobits
Bob Birmingham

Great work and a great group of people!

Thanks again!!!!

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

That section we put in today is super. It really takes out a big chunk of double track. It should be most enjoyable

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Thanks! You guys are Awesome!

Thanks guys for the super turnout.

With a dozen people we can really do some serious good in a hurry.

The new trail adds the flavor of the trails off rte 27 to the Canal rd side for the first time.

I stayed with Chris until about 3. (so the total hours should go up by at least 2 for those who are counting) We fine tuned some of the rougher sections and added a few berms.

We saw 3 guys ride the trail for the first time and about 6 hikers. They were all thrilled with the results!

The new bridge is super solid and should last a good long time.

I plan on manicuring that section this week in the AM.

Now for next months TM....

peas

J_

f2f4

The trail turned out awesome; glad I could help! And to whomever bought the donuts, thanks a ton. :D

I'll be at the next session for sure, assuming I'm not at work or something.

J-Dro

Nice meeting everyone out there today. The new trail replaces a stretch of straight doubletrack along the cornfield with a half mile of sniggly singletrack that dips into the woods. I like.:D

jdog

Shop Keep
Nice meeting everyone out there today. The new trail replaces a stretch of straight doubletrack along the cornfield with a half mile of sniggly singletrack that dips into the woods. I like.:D

There is a lot more to come..

I am tired for sure.

j-

Bud

Sorry, last name was illegible...Michael Rejda.
Thanks J's for organizing and letting me swing an axe in a legal way. Nice to work with everyone and hope to see you on the trails

Wobbegong

The trail turned out awesome; glad I could help! And to whomever bought the donuts, thanks a ton. :D

I'll be at the next session for sure, assuming I'm not at work or something.

Your Welcome.

Our plan to get you guys all hopped up on sugar and caffeine worked like a charm!!:D

Also a big thanks to Jdog for funding the bridge, and Mick from S.M.A.R.T. for loaning the tools.

jdog

Shop Keep
I went out and did 2 more hours of work on the new trail this morning. It was a brisk 38 degrees when I went out.

They new trail is breaking in nicely and it has clearly seen a good bit of use since Sunday.

I added some nice berms and groomed out some of the rough edges.

Get out there and see it

j

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
They new trail is breaking in nicely and it has clearly seen a good bit of use since Sunday.

I added some nice berms and groomed out some of the rough edges.

Get out there and see it

j
Next Thursday or Friday, hopefully.

Wobbegong

Where does the trail pick up, before the uphill to the corn fields?

Depends on which uphill your talking about. Coming from the canal, once you go by the big log piles, go left, follow along and before you hit the corn fields its on your right. Coming from 27 side, look for the new bridge on your left.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hit up the new trail last night & it was a blast. Can't wait ti see what the future holds for 6 Mile. Great job guys.

Depends on which uphill your talking about. Coming from the canal, once you go by the big log piles, go left, follow along and before you hit the corn fields its on your right. Coming from 27 side, look for the new bridge on your left.

:confused: I rode 6 Mile on Wed. (Oct. 31) and was trying to find the new trail. It was only my third time there (1st w/NJJess, then twice myself) so I'm not clear on the directions to it.

I parked by the soccer fields on Rt. 27 and kept making left turns. I wasn't sure if the new trail was on the 27 side or across 27. I eventually came out to a paved road that had a 615 (I think) sign on it. I crossed over and picked up the mtb trail where it divides for hikers only.

That's when things got sloppy :rolleyes: . I quickly came upon a wide 'above the ankle', creek crossing. While trying to cross it the dryest way possible,..... well,. . . . let's just say I got kinda' wet :eek: ! Since it was getting late, with the sun going down, I turned around and headed back.

Wobbegong, when you say "coming from the canal", what do you mean, or where do you mean? Which area exactly is considered 'the canal'? And when you say "coming from 27 side", do you mean Rt. 27 by the soccer fields?

I went over some bridges on Wed, but none seemed brand new. I know I'm still 'green' when it comes to the trails at 6 Mile, but I get the feeling I haven't ridden all there is to offer, even though I did 8.5 miles yesterday.

Also, are there any worthwhile trails when you cross over the paved road (with the 615 sign) after riding from the RT. 27 parking lot? ( Assuming one gets themself across that deep creek without taking a bath :eek: )

I may be going back Friday afternoon.

:) A big thanks for any advice given - from anyone.

Bud

The canal is the D&R canal, pretty much where the ride ends and you turn around. The new section was a bit farther on from the water crossing where you turned back.

Wobbegong

Wobbegong, when you say "coming from the canal", what do you mean, or where do you mean? Which area exactly is considered 'the canal'? And when you say "coming from 27 side", do you mean Rt. 27 by the soccer fields?

The park is divided into 2 sections by Middlebush Rd. The park borders are at River Road by the D&R Canal and Rt. 27 on the other side. Hence "Canal Side" and "Rt. 27 Side". The new trail is more towards the Canal and River Road.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions