Options to replace Niner Biocentric II EBB?

qclabrat

Ask QCLabrat? :)

My point is, if you're going SS only, may as well just get the most durable hub out there as it's not that expensive, can be very high engagement and is very bulletproof.
but not Purple...
Will consider, and will need a new set of cogs

qclabrat

Is that a common failure mode of those?

You can ask for a shell, but isn't a shell basically a hub...?

My advice always is if you're going SS, go with a Paul Component SS hub :) You'll never break it.
This maybe my route, didn't realize that you just screwed on a BMX freewheel. Which freewheels are recommended? I see White makes a few and I like their stuff

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This maybe my route, didn't realize that you just screwed on a BMX freewheel. Which freewheels are recommended? I see White makes a few and I like their stuff

White seems to be the gold standard but engagement tops out I believe at 72. I went with a Monty trials freewheel as it was higher @ 135 and had seals. My Echo at 120 was great but no seals and riding in water/mud killed it.

Actually, now that I think about it, the one downside is finding high tooth count units. I think White is the only one that offers more than 18 tooth which is fine if you're OK with their engagement.

qclabrat

White seems to be the gold standard but engagement tops out I believe at 72. I went with a Monty trials freewheel as it was higher @ 135 and had seals. My Echo at 120 was great but no seals and riding in water/mud killed it.

Actually, now that I think about it, the one downside is finding high tooth count units. I think White is the only one that offers more than 18 tooth which is fine if you're OK with their engagement.
Yeah that was my next question on what else is available with 20/21 teeth other than White. Good info

jdgang

I have two bikes with the Niner EBB. ROS 9 and a SIR 9. EBB is both in the 7 oclock position. Maybe because its steel I have never had a issue with slipping. I do exactly what Niner says, clean it real good, no grease and torque it down to 12nm.

qclabrat

I have two bikes with the Niner EBB. ROS 9 and a SIR 9. EBB is both in the 7 oclock position. Maybe because its steel I have never had a issue with slipping. I do exactly what Niner says, clean it real good, no grease and torque it down to 12nm.
Thanks, I checked yesterday and mine are also 7:00 on the ND side.

qclabrat

called i9, I can get a replacement shell for $117
Will go that route, but going to tear down the hub to make sure no other damage like the axle
They need to special order the purple ano so no rush at the moment. I'll get to this after finishing up some other projects. Will just swap to a regular wheelset for SS for now.

Top Bottom