Options for 27.5 fat tires

qclabrat

decided to go the 27.5 route for the Fatback Rhino for warm weather riding.
Currently piecing together the wheels and considering tires.

Want to stick with the 3.8-4.0" range
Initial google has me narrowing down to either the FBR Minions or VanHelgas.
There's also the Hodags to consider, though much different tire from the two.
Anyone have experience on any three or all?

decided to go the 27.5 route for the Fatback Rhino for warm weather riding.
Currently piecing together the wheels and considering tires.

Want to stick with the 3.8-4.0" range
Initial google has me narrowing down to either the FBR Minions or VanHelgas.
There's also the Hodags to consider, though much different tire from the two.
Anyone have experience on any three or all?
Have had all three at some point in the 26” size. If I remember correctly, hodags were lightest (thin side walls). Van Helgas in the middle and minions (26 and 27.5) heaviest. All three were good when used in the right conditions. For Northern NJ rocky riding I would go with minions. Having said that, I’m going to try out a set of terrene Chunks in the 27.5 x 3 size for kicks.

Have had all three at some point in the 26” size. If I remember correctly, hodags were lightest (thin side walls). Van Helgas in the middle and minions (26 and 27.5) heaviest. All three were good when used in the right conditions. For Northern NJ rocky riding I would go with minions. Having said that, I’m going to try out a set of terrene Chunks in the 27.5 x 3 size for kicks.
The Cakeeaters look pretty good as well, but they're more than I'd like to spend for this experiment. How did the VanHelgas roll in dirt and rocks?

Where will you be riding the FB?
Think Chimney Rock like

The side walls are brown?
meant the VanHelgas
1580849505778.png

Completely different tires tho, Hodags probably good down south for places like Allaire and 6MR, but not sharp rocky stuff up north
Yes the Hodags fast rollers ...

Where / when did you pickup the Fatback? Great bike great reviews ...everything they make .

Back
Top Bottom