Operation of Jungle Habitat for mountain biking recreational and events services.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
ha-ha-nelson-Simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p-672x480.jpg

mitchupitchu

Only one bid from Greenwood Lake Airport.

So the local airport adjacent to the park submitted a bid? WHen will the public be told if the state accepts the bid? So ride as usual.
I got to be honest, I was a little nervous when I heard mud races...

huffster

I'd love to know what the airport's proposal was.

From RFI:
"It is only at this juncture that the State has received enough interest in the property to seriously consider the best recreational use of the property that can generate funds for the State."

^Clearly that was BS, if they only got one bid.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
From RFI:
"It is only at this juncture that the State has received enough interest in the property to seriously consider the best recreational use of the property that can generate funds for the State."

I'm sure there was interest but not for the fee the $tate wanted for rent.

MuniMan

I'd love to know what the airport's proposal was.

From RFI:

From the Greenwood lake Airshow web page;

There is a fee for parking. Parking in the general lot is $10 and is located at the old Jungle Habitat adjacent to the airport. There are shuttle buses that run from the lot to an entry gate. There is also a pedestrian walkway available during daylight hours only. Preferred Parking is $25 and is right on the airport. Both parking options are handicap accessible.

The airport certainly needs the JH lot for 2 days a year. Wonder if they care about the other 363.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Interesting. Ususkis, is no doubt in it for the money...he is a business man.
I'm not sure if he is going to get the contract, if he does a watch dog effort will be needed to make sure he doesn't mess with trails.

V-Dub

Interesting. Ususkis, is no doubt in it for the money...he is a business man.
I'm not sure if he is going to get the contract, if he does a watch dog effort will be needed to make sure he doesn't mess with trails.
That article is old (Tom did the interview in October ) Ususkis didn't submit a final bid, the only bid was submitted by the airport operator. The trails are open for riding.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That article is old (Tom did the interview in October ) Ususkis didn't submit a final bid, the only bid was submitted by the airport operator. The trails are open for riding.
Nice. Hopefully at some point the State will give up on the idea of trying to make money at Jungle and allow us access to use the land for mtb racing and events like Jorba-Jam.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
State is doing the same at Waterloo concert field. Put a banner out and opened a facebook page to intice promoters. Here I hope they succeed with bringing the summer tours back. Saw just about every band that came through in past. I moved closer and then they shut it down :(

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
State is doing the same at Waterloo concert field. Put a banner out and opened a facebook page to intice promoters. Here I hope they succeed with bringing the summer tours back. Saw just about every band that came through in past. I moved closer and then they shut it down :(

lollapaloozer #1 was best

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
The article is very accurate, but fails to mention that JORBA had explicit written permission to build the network in JH. We are standing by to see the current system incorporated/adopted in writing by the state, and will then ask to continue maintaining the amazing network of multi-use trails in the park. Kudos to Tom H (@Bleeder), @Team Town Cycle and the multitude of volunteers who have invested blood sweat and tears into this project.

V-Dub

Looking forward to getting back in there and working . We have a couple of good projects that were approved a few years ago. The state is looking make some changes and review a some past approvals. We're not sure how long this will take but hopefully we can get back in there and start biulding again

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions