OOS MOGA

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is it yours? I would check the brakes b4 you ride... :p

yes.

now im going to need your mugshot to make sure you didnt touch my toys (im not good at sharing ;) )
although if your going tomorrow its probably safely in the storage room where you arent allowed to go so no problem.

i also need to remember to ask about my damn t-shirt when im there too.

rick81721

Lothar
How accurate you guys think strava is? Like, am I actually going 30+mph on the downhills? That just seems faster than it feels.

Using a garmin/wahoo or just strava on a phone? Strava takes whatever garmin/wahoo records. But to answer your question, unless you weigh 300+ lbs, 30+ mph on a mountain bike - nope.

TimBay

Using a garmin/wahoo or just strava on a phone? Strava takes whatever garmin/wahoo records. But to answer your question, unless you weigh 300+ lbs, 30+ mph on a mountain bike - nope.
Yeah, I don't have any fancy bike computer machines. Just strava on the cell phone. I figured those speeds had to be inaccurate, especially given that the sections where I'm going even remotely that fast are only for a few seconds.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Don't remember but I think the choices were red,gray and blue or black. What color did you get?
Apparently.... I got a gray one
20191016_121718.jpg

Mtbdog

Apparently.... I got a gray one
View attachment 108298
I checked on Strava and I think I got an answer. There were 3 levels to the challenge, 100,500,1000 miles ridden. After checking my trophy case and Paul's I noticed I rode 643 miles thus hitting the 500 level hence the 5 on my shirt. That said I concluded that Paul rode 200+ miles only hitting the 100 mile level, hence the different shirts. Does that sound logical to anyone but me?

Mtbdog

Mine says 'I stayed at home instead'...are you coming to the JORBA Fundraiser on Sunday?
Only if you do the Intermediate ride....Oh there is only Intermediate ride and expert. Does that clarify anything for ya. Of, course I will do my best to make a fool of myself in front of dozens of fellow riders.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I checked on Strava and I think I got an answer. There were 3 levels to the challenge, 100,500,1000 miles ridden. After checking my trophy case and Paul's I noticed I rode 643 miles thus hitting the 500 level hence the 5 on my shirt. That said I concluded that Paul rode 200+ miles only hitting the 100 mile level, hence the different shirts. Does that sound logical to anyone but me?
I was going to say the same thing.
That month, I did NYC food tour with Liong.
I thought about going to the next level to 500... but I "Max'ed" it

EDIT: Just to clarify my arrogance... I don't think I have ever ridden 500 miles in 1 month

Last edited:

serviceguy

Only if you do the Intermediate ride....Oh there is only Intermediate ride and expert. Does that clarify anything for ya. Of, course I will do my best to make a fool of myself in front of dozens of fellow riders.

That's the plan, at least if I see that I'm holding back the ride I can always bail out and step back in my actual backyard...

iman29

Yes this is the reason for different shirts depending how many miles you did that month during the challenge period. I also have the red one and expected the grey one.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i can't believe a bug in strava would stop them - perhaps they want to go the way of apple, and sell "certified" sensors?

either that or they get so many support calls about them - mostly because dead battery - that it isn't worth supporting them.

jklett

So this was a fun way to spend my day off. Damn wind. A main limb came down and I took the rest of it down so it wouldn't fall on the house since the main trunk was splitting. There was a smaller tree too but I didn't feel like taking a picture. Fun with ropes and strategic cutting. My wife didn't think it was funny when she asked me what I was going to do about that tree and I said "hold my beer and start the GoPro".
IMG_20191018_140501620_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom