OOS MOGA

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Dood... I was the noob of noobs when I started
No biking experience whatsoever since the age of 10 and the fitness that of a person who has been in a coma for 25years.

Considering the above.... I've come a long way :D
Come a long way for anyone. You ride any park in the state and even did a NYC century while eating junk ah I mean comfort food.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How do you bleed I use a pressure kit for flushes every 45kish

i use the motive pressure bleed caps and a cheap regulator on my air compressor. 10-15psi into the resevoir and then i can go around and crack the bleeders open, took me all of 45 minutes to jack the car, remove tires, bleed, put the car back down and pack up the tools . . . . easy job, i just sweat ALOT.

there is really no point in flushing a street only car that frequently, the point of flushing is to get the moisture that has been absorbed out so that the boiling point stays intact, you wont see that kind of brake temps in street driving unless you have a problem with a caliper not releasing properly, or you ride the brakes for no reason. I flush when there is a need on my street cars (new caliper, or hose replacement, air in the line ect). My challenger which sees mixed duty gets done on a clock, every 2 years.

BPaze

i dont, its called sweating, dont ride behind me, ever, unless you have a bar of soap and a towel . . . . . youv been warned.
I am not too concerned since I doubt I would be able to ride that closely behind you. I also sweat pretty badly, just went out for 30 min with my son to the park. Stood in the shade and didnt move and it looked like I jumped in a pool this heat is brutal

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am not too concerned since I doubt I would be able to ride that closely behind you. I also sweat pretty badly, just went out for 30 min with my son to the park. Stood in the shade and didnt move and it looked like I jumped in a pool this heat is brutal

you should hope you wont be riding that closely behind me :p i think your giving me too much credit

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
i use the motive pressure bleed caps and a cheap regulator on my air compressor. 10-15psi into the resevoir and then i can go around and crack the bleeders open, took me all of 45 minutes to jack the car, remove tires, bleed, put the car back down and pack up the tools . . . . easy job, i just sweat ALOT.

there is really no point in flushing a street only car that frequently, the point of flushing is to get the moisture that has been absorbed out so that the boiling point stays intact, you wont see that kind of brake temps in street driving unless you have a problem with a caliper not releasing properly, or you ride the brakes for no reason. I flush when there is a need on my street cars (new caliper, or hose replacement, air in the line ect). My challenger which sees mixed duty gets done on a clock, every 2 years.

45k is 2 years for me and the color is poopoo it's longer than what the manual says I should go but 30k is silly for a full flush

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
45k is 2 years for me and the color is poopoo it's longer than what the manual says I should go but 30k is silly for a full flush

I do 30k a year on my daily. My wife is 15k+ her has never been flushed before today. But it was fine except for the fluid that came out of the bad caliper. The genesis has 112k in 7 years. Not hurting anything and I have better things to do with my time than create more waste that isn't needed:shrug:

BPaze

I still can't believe you thought you gonna get around High Mt. on a Walgoose! That right there shows you are perfect for this sport! NUTS!:thumbsup:
Tomorrow I'm sweeping with the go pro, fun,fun,fun.:popcorn:
If your sweeping I should be right in front of you. Any thoughts on what trails we will ride? We doing the usual white loop or exploring less traveled trails

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
If your sweeping I should be right in front of you. Any thoughts on what trails we will ride? We doing the usual white loop or exploring less traveled trails
Dood... Frank doesn't have the patience to sweep. 30 mins in, he will be flying up front lol

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I heard we were going to Ingilstein ridge or something like that,you know I guess the normal trails from the school. I'm not that seasoned up at RW as I am some other parks. I know the H2H race course and a little more but really not that familiar with the area down by the school. I'm sure Vic can whip up some tasty trails for the gang and it looks like a decent crew should be fun.

It’s gonna be 90 degrees by 9:30. Do you guys maybe want to try to start a little earlier.

Top Bottom