OOS MOGA

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
there will also be a wet spot under my wifes car tomorrow after i finish flushing the brakes (planning to start as soon as i can get out there, will still generate a nice puddle)

and wherever i am for the rest of the weekend (at least when im outside)

How do you bleed I use a pressure kit for flushes every 45kish

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Let’s cancel the calm flat easy effort ride because of the heat and instead all ride at RW.
Was a beginner ride for people that are not used to riding on a regular basis and most likely not conditioned for that kind of heat. And also what Paul said.

TimBay

Was a beginner ride for people that are not used to riding on a regular basis and most likely not conditioned for that kind of heat. And also what Paul said.
Just my 2 cents as a noob (not factoring in the heat wave): I'd rather ride a shorter, techier, more challenging ride and session stuff than hammer miles. But that's just my opinion. If and when I get to ringwood and the like, I'd prefer 4-6 miles of tech over 10 miles of hammer. I also live in a park where you can hammer a bit, so that might affect my point of view.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I'm glad you guys are adopting my thinking
giphy (5).gif

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Just my 2 cents as a noob (not factoring in the heat wave): I'd rather ride a shorter, techier, more challenging ride and session stuff than hammer miles. But that's just my opinion. If and when I get to ringwood and the like, I'd prefer 4-6 miles of tech over 10 miles of hammer. I also live in a park where you can hammer a bit, so that might affect my point of view.
2 different noobs here
You are about to... or imo have already graduated noobdom

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Point well taken but not hammer miles. Saddle River Dunkerhook is a combo of paved bike paths with some cross country dirt trails. My kids started riding without training wheels there when they were 5. Problem is that there is not enough off road trails for a full blown group ride so one needs to mix in some of the paved trails. I have been communicating recently with some new or newer riders that live in the area that are interested in getting to know the trail system. At this point will probably just show people in the area the trail system after work during the week as it gets overly crowded on a weekend when the weather is nice.

TimBay

Point well taken but not hammer miles. Saddle River Dunkerhook is a combo of paved bike paths with some cross country dirt trails. My kids started riding without training wheels there when they were 5. Problem is that there is not enough off road trails for a full blown group ride so one needs to mix in some of the paved trails. I have been communicating recently with some new or newer riders that live in the area that are interested in getting to know the trail system. At this point will probably just show people in the area the trail system after work during the week as it gets overly crowded on a weekend when the weather is nice.
Yeah, I guess that's true. I guess there's also a difference between a real beginner and someone like me who's more just newer and new to the park.

BPaze

It's going to be mosquito paradise with the humidity.
Not a racist statement here... but I'm going to be the whitest Asian tomorrow with layers and layers of bug lotion and spray!
Just throw a piece of ground meat in someone’s pack while they aren’t looking and you have fly and mosquito bait. Ride towards the back of the pack to let the ticks jump on the front now you are bug free. The meat might work for bears as well. Sorry got nothing for the rattle snakes

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Just throw a piece of ground meat in someone’s pack while they aren’t looking and you have fly and mosquito bait. Ride towards the back of the pack to let the ticks jump on the front now you are bug free. The meat might work for bears as well. Sorry got nothing for the rattle snakes
I'll take this as you volunteering as bait :p

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I used to call myself beta noob
I will pass on this title to you now
Yeh I guess after 5 years your no longer a newbie. Think I started back to riding a year before you.

As to bugs. I tried an experiment the past few weeks as bug spray appears to not help much(at least for me). Mixed a couple of drops of mint oil into a small amount of lotion and spread that on. Could be a coincidence but I’ve noticed less mosquitos on me. Or I’m just making less stops. Helps to keep moving.

Top Bottom