OOS MOGA

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Maybe we should start an OOS race series. It would be kinda like beer league softball as you finish each section you get a beer and the time stops, kinda like enduro but more beer and shorter segments. Maybe one of the local breweries can sponsor.
You may want to change your name to Beerpaze. Not a bad thing.

BPaze

I'll take strawberry milkshakes please. We still have to do Jimmy Geez thermo-nuclear wings at high mt.
Wow great idea wings and beer at the end of each .25- .5 mile section. This will take our rides to new levels and because we are lazy we wouldn’t marke the race trail how ever you get from one section to the other is the right way. For each beer and wing you eat a minute comes off your time. It will give us fat assess a chance.

roc

I will know by 1 pm it could happen. Mahlon by the ballfield?
Sure or sap him pond parking lot. I’m playing golf right around the corner at 12. I’ll bring my stuff with me. We can ride 11 miles at a steady pace and be done in about 1:45-2 hours.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Maybe we should start an OOS race series. It would be kinda like beer league softball as you finish each section you get a beer and the time stops, kinda like enduro but more beer and shorter segments. Maybe one of the local breweries can sponsor.

i've actually thought about handicapping. it is difficult, cause hard to race from the front.

think the better way would be three (?) person teams, where the total expected performance is within 10%
(not sure how to do that either) - then everyone is in, doesn't matter where you are in the field, ya gotta race.
then handicap the teams as the series moves on?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Sure or sap him pond parking lot. I’m playing golf right around the corner at 12. I’ll bring my stuff with me. We can ride 11 miles at a steady pace and be done in about 1:45-2 hours.

golf, mtb - same thing. couple hours in the woods.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
i've actually thought about handicapping. it is difficult, cause hard to race from the front.

think the better way would be three (?) person teams, where the total expected performance is within 10%
(not sure how to do that either) - then everyone is in, doesn't matter where you are in the field, ya gotta race.
then handicap the teams as the series moves on?
Kind of like a dodge ball team

BPaze

You may want to change your name to Beerpaze. Not a bad thing.
I’d ask norm but you never know what you might end up with
Beerphaze scotch is next staze!
I can’t afford scotch so I drink bourbon lol
I thought the b in bpaze was beer....
Nope the beer is in my belly
Wish I could join but kiddie duties and soccer tomorrow night

mtbiker87

One encounters all kinds in life. I met some really nice people yesterday. But let’s face it, its racing. Tough to keep a group ride atmosphere on a race pre ride. I’m not a racer either but short track is the exception. I’ll definitely try to make it next year.
Agreed on both counts. I met some cool people both at the Creek pre ride, and short track, and it certainly is, and should be, different, than a typical group ride. But if they were stopping to wait, leaving as soon as the last guy pulls up is bullshit in my book, especially when you are going to have folks unfamilar with the trails trying to keep up. Why stop at all then ? Just run the course at race pace and let everyone know thats the deal. I've raced alot different vehicles in my day, and there are always a few douches, but elietest attitude of some of these "cyclists" is a bit much.

Top Bottom