OOS MOGA

Fight club tonight. Invitation by return PM.
666 Conde bench IMG_20170910_094028.jpg

I have no way to update that it would have to be up to Paul if I can have an host a Google doc on here I'm going to make up a spreadsheet that will sync to the calendar and have it be hosted on the front page.
OOS Calendar issue was apparently because I was accessing it via phone. Just went on from my PC and was able to add it and it is all set now, it is pretty good because my wife has access to my calendar so she should be able to see my ride schedule now.

OOS Calendar issue was apparently because I was accessing it via phone. Just went on from my PC and was able to add it and it is all set now, it is pretty good because my wife has access to my calendar so she should be able to see my ride schedule now.

I should do the same.

@qclabrat you said you didn't want it to screw with your calendar you can hide OOS by unchecking it on the side

Hole in ground with an old bathtub dropped in
People quite often convert old pools, hottubs and even old boats into ponds. Mine is just a simple hole in the ground with an edpm liner, about 2000 gallons. Hardest part was hand digging the well in the center deep enough for fish to over winter in the cold months. Total depth is over 4 feet, so plenty for NJ. My neighbor's is only about 2.5 and he needs to move them inside each winter. Which is pretty insane as he has over 50 koi.

Schedule for the ponders out there: Shutdown the filtration two weeks ago when I stopped feeding them and in the next few weekends will cut the rest of the vegetation, vacuum out leaves, clean out filters, add a two stage aerator, shut off the waterfall and prepare the deicers. I'm actually looking for an underwater cam, I've seen people install them and beam it to their televisions and it looks like and aquarium. Pretty cool when it's iced up outside and still see fish activity.
IMG_20180929_165744.jpg

I was thinking plastic kiddie pool... but I like where your heads at. :)

When we bought our house our neighbor had her mailbox on a chair on top of a toilet. This killed me to look at so I went by and offered to clean up her yard and give her a proper mail box post. Maybe Walt is waiting for a neighbor to build him a koi pond lol

I should do the same.

@qclabrat you said you didn't want it to screw with your calendar you can hide OOS by unchecking it on the side
Nah, I'm good, I don't use Google calendars, I hate Google anything, but hate Apples even more. Then there's Samsung, such bad experience with appliances I won't even support their good stuff. Why can't MS come out with a decent phone...

People quite often convert old pools, hottubs and even old boats into ponds. Mine is just a simple hole in the ground with an edpm liner, about 2000 gallons. Hardest part was hand digging the well in the center deep enough for fish to over winter in the cold months. Total depth is over 4 feet, so plenty for NJ. My neighbor's is only about 2.5 and he needs to move them inside each winter. Which is pretty insane as he has over 50 koi.

Schedule for the ponders out there: Shutdown the filtration two weeks ago when I stopped feeding them and in the next few weekends will cut the rest of the vegetation, vacuum out leaves, clean out filters, add a two stage aerator, shut off the waterfall and prepare the deicers. I'm actually looking for an underwater cam, I've seen people install them and beam it to their televisions and it looks like and aquarium. Pretty cool when it's iced up outside and still see fish activity.
View attachment 80721
I would love to do this but so much power to run. If my wife let's me have a shed I'm going to get solar and a bank of old car batteries for other stuff gives me ideas for a koi pond if I can find the space for it.

Nah, I'm good, I don't use Google calendars, I hate Google anything, but hate Apples even more. Then there's Samsung, such bad experience with appliances I won't even support their good stuff. Why can't MS come out with a decent phone...

How is MS your beacon of Hope, want me to speed up working on a spreadsheet for rides?

I'm planning to stay local and ride Chimney Rock on Saturday early AM. I'll be working at a food pantry afterwards then going into Brooklyn on Sunday. And there's leaf work somewhere in there as well. Worst yardwork chore has got to be leaves.
agree, spent 6 hours yesterday on leaves

I would love to do this but so much power to run. If my wife let's me have a shed I'm going to get solar and a bank of old car batteries for other stuff gives me ideas for a koi pond if I can find the space for it.
Nope, get the right filters and pumps. When I have time I'll get you the monthly operating expense for power. But in reality it's probably a lot more work can you can handle with a kid and you being Max. Want to try it out. Get a small feed tank at tractor supply and decent filtation system. Can probably get started with under $500. My original budget was 2k, I've spent at least double already. Ponding is expensive, but I really like hearing water and watching the fish from the deck.

View attachment 80721
Can You Eat Koi Fish And How to Make a Meal out of It - USAngler

Back
Top Bottom