OOS MOGA

jklett

Where is the next big OOS ride going down? When? Whatta ya say Lew Mo gets OOZED!
Jungle maybe?
I've never been to Lew Mo(at least I don't think I've been) and I definitely need to go back to Jungle. Only thing is if there's more than 4 or 5 of us, we'll have to break it into smaller groups on the trails. We kinda do that anyways but I think it's a little more important to do that now. It's easy to keep far enough apart from each other in a parking lot or hanging in a park BBQing but bigger ride groups tend to bunch up too much for the current times. That said, I'm all for a big ride as long as we keep that in mind when setting something up.

BPaze

I drove to Trenton and back and oh boy what a shit show it is out there. Wind pushing my car sideways to a point traction control would go off reminded me of when I drove in Irene except for more rain.

Tree branch took out a power line at my house and apparently my wife can't get back in with the kids because it is blocking it or something.

Mtbdog

Still without power, and carnage all around the neighborhood.
20200804_153725.jpg

20200804_153632.jpg

serviceguy

Well, the house did not slide but a huge branch fell off one of the trees while I was covering the hutch of the Mitsubishi Eclipse that had been perforated earlier by a ‘wooden projectile’...it snapped the power line to the garage and bashed the roof of the Mitsubishi in while missing me by a few inches. After hearing an ominous noise I just had the time to look up and this June branch was crashing inches away from my head and into the car. The whole street is without power and it appears it will be for a few days, several hundred yards of line have been downed by fallen trees and a transformer caught fire.
3AF5B365-6A8F-48E5-B375-8D561293B83E.jpeg.jpg

7B92ADDA-2C4B-4229-A22F-1EFBBAB6AE06.jpeg

Mr.Moto

Well, the house did not slide but a huge branch fell off one of the trees while I was covering the hutch of the Mitsubishi Eclipse that had been perforated earlier by a ‘wooden projectile’...it snapped the power line to the garage and bashed the roof of the Mitsubishi in while missing me by a few inches. After hearing an ominous noise I just had the time to look up and this June branch was crashing inches away from my head and into the car. The whole street is without power and it appears it will be for a few days, several hundred yards of line have been downed by fallen trees and a transformer caught fire.
View attachment 136267

View attachment 136266
Wow. Lucky you didn’t get hit with that. Looks like the whole area will be without power for at least a couple of days. Luckily our neighbor threw us a lifeline for the fridge.

serviceguy

Wow. Lucky you didn’t get hit with that. Looks like the whole area will be without power for at least a couple of days. Luckily our neighbor threw us a lifeline for the fridge.
Do you like fish? I have some nice mahi-mahi that I may have to discard if power is not back by tomorrow, as I don expect the freezer to hold past that.

serviceguy

You need to grill that up and eat it!
Turns out the wife decided she's friend with the neighbor that recently purchased an additional freezer...and if you think she may offer to top off their generator gas in return you'd greatly mistaken!

mtbiker87

Sorry to see what happened to your car Leo. We're in about the same boat up here in Vernon. Lost power yesterday afternoon, looking like a day or so before it gets back on. Luckily my sister lives across town, still has power, and let us bring some food over store for us.

Last edited:

serviceguy

Sorry to see what happened to your car Leo. We're in about the same boat up here in Vernon. Lost power yesterday afternoon, looking like a day or so before it gets back on. Luckily my sister lives across town, still has power, and let us bring some food over store for us.

A good friend hooked me up with a small generator that is now running the fridge/freezer...sorry @Mr.Moto but you missed your chance for free mahi-mahi! J/K if you need anything let me know, I’ll be glad to help.

This is what went down yesterday...picture from my neighbor fb page.
72617E3B-37B0-42CE-9B03-BE9ADC07FC25.jpeg

Top Bottom