OOS MOGA

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
@TimBay how was the 6MR ride this morning
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 6.43.04 PM.png

mtbiker87

So I guess the Greatful Dead knew their shit..."every silver lining has a touch of grey ". Damn right ! As awesome of a day yesterday was, fun ride at 6 mile....my new Cotic frame showing up ahead of time....turns out that noise from my rear hub was the inner bearing eating self alive. Going to see if I can salvage it, but after digging a large amount of shrapnel from the hub, and not knowing where in hell half the ball bearings disappeared to, might be best to replace the hub. Was still a great day though !

TimBay

So I guess the Greatful Dead knew their shit..."every silver lining has a touch of grey ". Damn right ! As awesome of a day yesterday was, fun ride at 6 mile....my new Cotic frame showing up ahead of time....turns out that noise from my rear hub was the inner bearing eating self alive. Going to see if I can salvage it, but after digging a large amount of shrapnel from the hub, and not knowing where in hell half the ball bearings disappeared to, might be best to replace the hub. Was still a great day though !
Damn. It did sound pretty nasty there. Glad it at least got you back.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I cringed everytime I heard the grinding... ?

jklett

Cartridge or cup and cone? If it's cartridge and the seat isn't too chewed up you should be able to save the hub, just have to pull the outer race.

mtbiker87

Looks like the roval hubs are based on the DT swiss 240's. So I'll need to get the tool to get the ratchet ring out, then try and knock out what's left of the bearings. Sounds like it's not an uncommon thing for these to eat bearings. Good thing is, if I feel like spending more money, I can upgrade it to the star ratchet system.

On a happier note, I got the fork installed on the FlareMax last night !

Top Bottom