OOS MOGA

Flyby shows any strava user near you during an activity (after the fact). Live segments are something different entirely, allows the user to track their progress live vs PR or KOM

@JerseyPete this is a more in depth explanation.

also of note, live segments are a garmin-strava feature for premium users where you get a virtual companion to ride the segment at a given pace (your nearest competitor or the KOM or your best time ect) so you have someone to compete against even if you are alone. I believe you were thinking of the live track, i havent tried that so i have no clue how it works

also of note, live segments are a garmin-strava feature for premium users where you get a virtual companion to ride the segment at a given pace (your nearest competitor or the KOM or your best time ect) so you have someone to compete against even if you are alone. I believe you were thinking of the live track, i havent tried that so i have no clue how it works

I'm sure @Patrick can setup some obscure feature of MTBNJ.COM to do exactly what @JerseyPete was asking in now time...

Flyby shows any strava user near you during an activity (after the fact). Live segments are something different entirely, allows the user to track their progress live vs PR or KOM

I'm sure @Patrick can setup some obscure feature of MTBNJ.COM to do exactly what @JerseyPete was asking in now time...

Maybe I was thinking of Maprika? I know one of those apps has a feature that if you and others are logged in, it can locate you in the park.
From Maprika:
http://www.maprika.com/faq.html
How do I see where my friends are?
They are designated by a colored pin on any map they happen to be on. Tap the pin to see their name and as well as the accuracy of their position measurement. Alternatively, you can just tap their name in the "Friends" menu and you will zoom directly to their location on a picture map or Google map. You can change the color of the pin that represents a friend by tapping the arrow by their name and choosing "pin color."

Maybe I was thinking of Maprika? I know one of those apps has a feature that if you and others are logged in, it can locate you in the park.
From Maprika:
http://www.maprika.com/faq.html
How do I see where my friends are?
They are designated by a colored pin on any map they happen to be on. Tap the pin to see their name and as well as the accuracy of their position measurement. Alternatively, you can just tap their name in the "Friends" menu and you will zoom directly to their location on a picture map or Google map. You can change the color of the pin that represents a friend by tapping the arrow by their name and choosing "pin color."
I think Garmin has something similar, but you need to have access to your pals accounts and you must all be synced to your phone.

Is it you that I ran into twice Sunday morning at Shepherd’s lake?

I think Garmin has something similar, but you need to have access to your pals accounts and you must all be synced to your phone.
Is it you that I ran into twice Sunday morning at Shepherd’s lake?
As miserable as it was Sunday, I was running into a bunch of riders. I did not make it to Shepherd's lake though. I think I came close to Paul and Mtbdog at Poison Ivy area.
Were you with two other riders with one on a Pivot Firebird?

As miserable as it was Sunday, I was running into a bunch of riders. I did not make it to Shepherd's lake though. I think I came close to Paul and Mtbdog at Poison Ivy area.
Were you with two other riders with one on a Pivot Firebird?

Nope, I was on my own with my Knolly until I met @Paul H, @Mtbdog and a very sweaty @BPaze just before Warm Puppy Rock on my way home. I saw a few loners and a couple of groups other than OOS though> I didn't think it wasn't that hot under the trees, I even caught some breeze in a couple of occasions. I just killed my legs in the middle of the ride going up to Skyland Manor on the road trying to catch up with the alternative OOS group that was starting from the NY side, shortly after I had gone through my 2 liters of fluids and decided not to push it, when I'm tired I start aiming at giant rocks with my front tire for some reason, which results in a full stop going uphill and OTB going downhill...no bueno.

I'm a little divorced from the site this week with how my week has started I'm looking to ride Thursday please @me if your down also would like to figure out the weekend thinking CR @Kangdoy @jklett how do you guys feel about that maybe lure @qclabrat out of the shadows

I'm out for Saturday. Sunday is a big maybe, depends if I go to a house party Saturday night. But if @jklett is around, he can definitely show you around.

My wife surprised me with a lift ticket for Mt Creek on Friday as a birthday gift tonight. So if anyone is down for a DH Friday, hit me up !
Happy b-day!
My kids b-day tomorrow and mine is coming up soon. Hope I get a MCBP lift ticket too...

I'm a little divorced from the site this week with how my week has started I'm looking to ride Thursday please @me if your down also would like to figure out the weekend thinking CR @Kangdoy @jklett how do you guys feel about that maybe lure @qclabrat out of the shadows
I can probably do that, lmk what you have in mind and I'll see what I can do. Saturday would be better, Sunday is @Mare45 RV paddle fest at 1.

Happy Bday @mtbiker87 really wish I was free this Friday.
In the woods under the trees, I didn't think it was that bad either. I was ready to do a little more but there were no takers. In the shade with the breeze it was pleasant. Warm Puppy is cool, first time there, cleaned it.
IDK what your talking about I started cramping on the car ride home hands, neck, back, feet, quads just about every muscle and it lasted about 4 hours and after drinking a couple gallons of water I didn’t urinate until about 10 at night. Wasn’t too bad but bad enough to almost kill me lol

Happy Bday @mtbiker87 really wish I was free this Friday.

IDK what your talking about I started cramping on the car ride home hands, neck, back, feet, quads just about every muscle and it lasted about 4 hours and after drinking a couple gallons of water I didn’t urinate until about 10 at night. Wasn’t too bad but bad enough to almost kill me lol
Ti bolts.... you need them to make your bike 10lbs lighter!

Back
Top Bottom