OOS Post away!

serviceguy

Got dropped like a bad habit at a roman catholic convent. Didn't have the legs, now I know how tail end charlie feels. Everytime they stopped, they would start as soon as I got there. Never had a chance to recover, wasn't prepared for that. Then finally I just sat down and watched everyone ride away... Hit garmin navigate and split,if I wasn't gonna do the course on my garmin the whole deal was useless. Gonna go up during the week if the course is marked,might just stay home not real happy about being left in the woods. Would never happen on a OOS ride we wait for each other. Gotta say someone hung with me for a while but he disappeared also.
Wow, sorry to hear that! If they dropped you I wonder what would have happened to me...would they come back and euthanize me?

Got dropped like a bad habit at a roman catholic convent. Didn't have the legs, now I know how tail end charlie feels. Everytime they stopped, they would start as soon as I got there. Never had a chance to recover, wasn't prepared for that. Then finally I just sat down and watched everyone ride away... Hit garmin navigate and split,if I wasn't gonna do the course on my garmin the whole deal was useless. Gonna go up during the week if the course is marked,might just stay home not real happy about being left in the woods. Would never happen on a OOS ride we wait for each other. Gotta say someone hung with me for a while but he disappeared also.
I sent you a couple of text messages later on when I found out. I knew you were OK as your van was gone when I returned to the parking lot. Was an interesting experience. I was able to keep up on the fire road climbs but barely then everyone was in my way on the downhill and tech single track

You were probably having a bad day. You are faster than that

mtbiker87

Maybe OOS tries an enduro next ? Honestly though, thats the sort of crap that turns me off to the whole racing thing. Had a somewhat similar experience doing the H2H pre ride of the Mt Creek XC race a number of years back.After the pre ride i decided not to enter. Not because I was slow, cause honestly, belive it or not, i was one of the faster cat 3 guys on the ride that day, but because of the eliteist, roadie prick sort of attitude being tossed out by more than a few of the other riders. The only reason i did ST was because a few of you guys were going, so i knew i'd be fun either way. ST turned out cool, and i'd do that again, but there were more than a few folks there with egos bigger than thier helmets.

Maybe OOS tries an enduro next ? Honestly though, thats the sort of crap that turns me off to the whole racing thing. Had a somewhat similar experience doing the H2H pre ride of the Mt Creek XC race a number of years back.After the pre ride i decided not to enter. Not because I was slow, cause honestly, belive it or not, i was one of the faster cat 3 guys on the ride that day, but because of the eliteist, roadie prick sort of attitude being tossed out by more than a few of the other riders. The only reason i did SR was because a few of you guys were going, so i knew i'd be fun either way. ST turned out cool, and i'd do that again, but there were more than a few folks there with egos bigger than thier helmets.
One encounters all kinds in life. I met some really nice people yesterday. But let’s face it, its racing. Tough to keep a group ride atmosphere on a race pre ride. I’m not a racer either but short track is the exception. I’ll definitely try to make it next year.