OOS(ish) round valley ride

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I did a race here, maybe 15-20 years ago, it was a run/bike run “king of the hill”? Does the climb start by a damn? Or maybe you ride over a damn to get there?
i remember that climb being a real bitch, I didn’t make it, but I would have been surprised if only 3 people had made it, maybe that’s a different one. That was a really hard duathlon, it started on a road from some parking lot and then you had to go straight up a huge hill. The first person to the top got to be king of the mountain. Kind of like the polka dot jersey. I still remember my calves killing me the next day!

The race was on the other side of the park. This climb is out of Cushetunk. And this climb makes that climb seem flat.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I did a race here, maybe 15-20 years ago, it was a run/bike run “king of the hill”? Does the climb start by a damn? Or maybe you ride over a damn to get there?
i remember that climb being a real bitch, I didn’t make it, but I would have been surprised if only 3 people had made it, maybe that’s a different one. That was a really hard duathlon, it started on a road from some parking lot and then you had to go straight up a huge hill. The first person to the top got to be king of the mountain. Kind of like the polka dot jersey. I still remember my calves killing me the next day!

that is puke hill - it is 600' climb from the base of the dam to the crest. there is some transfer, but most is climbing, and some is not pretty.
at regular pace, no problem staying on the bike.

we came up from the cush lot. the climb into the saddle is impossible for the mortals, and most demi-gods.

start about 22:40 on this ride over the crest. https://www.strava.com/activities/3185998445/overview

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Toughest to follow maybe...

Screenshot_20200321-143332_Strava.jpg

Top Bottom