OOS MOGA

qclabrat

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

My legs got killed by the warm-up ride, just to put things into perspective...not looking for excuses, I am in bad shape and it's my own fault, my generally lazy disposition doesn't help either. Just trying to retain whatever little wind I have left under my fat wings and nurture it back to at least a gentle zephyr...

keep riding, I'm also in really bad shape at the moment, I find riding one day during the weekend and add in a jog mid week for two months will get me back to my base.
Skip a week and I feel like crap again the following week. It will get better, just need to stay on a plan of consistency

mtbmarbar

Are you going to join us @mtbmarbar ? I've been paying attention......you're 0-2 you know.
LOL! Poor form I know. Although honest mistake on my part for Stephen's - helps if you go to the right park - and last weekend I saw all the chatter about trying to find a rideable route after the rain and after not riding outside for so long, decided to hit RV as that place is so darn freakish how well it drys after any amount of rain. Seriously, whilst the rest of NJ was swimming underwater, once I hit the single track after the crossroads the place wasn't just dry, it was bone dry - even the leaves - all the way to Cushetunk lot. I'm Convinced the place has its own micro-climate!

Unfortunately I can't make this weeks ride, but I do have one eye on the Sterling / Ringwood ride on the 20th. Moving house the week after but hoping the wife will want me out from under her feet for a few hours that weekend, so hopefully make one in for that!

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL! Poor form I know. Although honest mistake on my part for Stephen's - helps if you go to the right park - and last weekend I saw all the chatter about trying to find a rideable route after the rain and after not riding outside for so long, decided to hit RV as that place is so darn freakish how well it drys after any amount of rain. Seriously, whilst the rest of NJ was swimming underwater, once I hit the single track after the crossroads the place wasn't just dry, it was bone dry - even the leaves - all the way to Cushetunk lot. I'm Convinced the place has its own micro-climate!

Unfortunately I can't make this weeks ride, but I do have one eye on the Sterling / Ringwood ride on the 20th. Moving house the week after but hoping the wife will want me out from under her feet for a few hours that weekend, so hopefully make one in for that!

My creepiness is all outta love you know. Looking forward to getting the band back together.

Outside of some traditional wet spots (as I was told), the single track was surprisingly dry. IMHO, this is a direct result from keeping the leaves on the trails. This was a GREAT ride. Super chunky with some stops to allow people to session some of the fun stuff. Can't wait to go back.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome ROC to the OOS Club on Strava. Our 35th member.

And for being the 35th OOS Member, you win this handy prize......

1546998545298.png

teabagger11

We have couple of members from extreme ends of the world. @yanmar is from the South Pole (Avalon) and @teabagger11 is from the Far West (PA)
I guess we should hear from them first... but I am thinking of giving them the option of leading a ride or not considering the distances. I doubt many of us are willing to travel and it would be unfair to ask them to schedule something closer to our area. Lets hear some thoughts and discuss! Who knows... maybe we will car pool and head out to the South Pole and/or the Far West.
i would gladly give anyone a tour if willing to venture to the far west of eastern PA, other options in my area include Moosic mtn or lackawanna SP but LSP is really susceptible to rain

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
i would gladly give anyone a tour if willing to venture to the far west of eastern PA, other options in my area include Moosic mtn or lackawanna SP but LSP is really susceptible to rain
The guys were talking about a weekend get away.... or something of the sort.
Wondering... are there any destination parks around you that we should consider?

BPaze

So I am pretty excited, I am one purchase away from completing the fat bike build... I think LOL. The only issue is that it is the biggest purchase yet, going to be upgrading to Eagle on the Kona and moving that drive train over to the fatbike. Hoping to do that in the next 2 weeks, already have the new fork and wheelset for the Kona to switch over to boost and Eagle.
Hoping for a fun big year on the bike in 2019, my goal is to hit 600-900 miles this year which is a giant leap up for me.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
So I am pretty excited, I am one purchase away from completing the fat bike build... I think LOL. The only issue is that it is the biggest purchase yet, going to be upgrading to Eagle on the Kona and moving that drive train over to the fatbike. Hoping to do that in the next 2 weeks, already have the new fork and wheelset for the Kona to switch over to boost and Eagle.
Hoping for a fun big year on the bike in 2019, my goal is to hit 600-900 miles this year which is a giant leap up for me.
I did 652 miles for 2018 but riding is pretty much my only form of exercise.
I am shooting for 2k this year and I need to ride 40miles per week.
Yeah.... I am already behind lol

Top Bottom