OOS MOGA

mtbiker87

Might end up available? I got some sort of message from JORBA that I needed to confirm my registration, but my PayPal paid them out...so WTF ? Between the spot, the ride, and a swap meet spot that was $40 ! If it becomes some sort of screw up, I guess I'll be available to ride with you. Gotta see if I can sort it out.

serviceguy

Might end up available? I got some sort of message from JORBA that I needed to confirm my registration, but my PayPal paid them out...so WTF ? Between the spot, the ride, and a swap meet spot that was $40 ! If it becomes some sort of screw up, I guess I'll be available to ride with you. Gotta see if I can sort it out.
Did you try and register for a horse ride maybe? LOL I saw you posted the issue in the JORBAFest thread, maybe tag @Bleeder and he can help you sort this out.

mtbiker87

They weren't offering any of those...lol, and I'm not sure that senario would work out so well. Pat actually looked into it, (thanks Pat) and seems my registration is somehow both pending, and confirmed! Either way, I'm printing out the confirmation, and the PayPal receipt and showing up anyway.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
They weren't offering any of those...lol, and I'm not sure that senario would work out so well. Pat actually looked into it, (thanks Pat) and seems my registration is somehow both pending, and confirmed! Either way, I'm printing out the confirmation, and the PayPal receipt and showing up anyway.

The pending expired - so only the confirmed is active -
must have something to do with the paypal workflow??
usually instant, but for some reason was delayed a few minutes.
Maybe error recovery?
I didn't do that part of the site, can just see results.

qclabrat

Rocky mountain high in some order today
PXL_20220925_143125316.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Welcome to the hard tail family they are a blast
I don't think I "prefer" the Marley over my Hightower. On a DH, there is no way the Marley will come close to the Hightower. The FS has a much more secure feeling which gives you the confidence to go faster.

Even on the climbs, with a hardtail, I feel like you need a steady and consistent pedaling, more so than a FS, to not to over torque and slip the rear tire. I am way more conscious of the rear on the Marley than I do on the Hightower.

I've been riding the Marley with the I DGAF attitude. Hitting rock gardens at speeds I previously thought were not safe. What I am discovering is that at a higher speed, the bike kinda floats over them. If I can translate this on to the FS... it will be another experience.

The problem is.... I don't have the fitness to ride fast LOL

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Yeah he can be preachy .
He says NP low BB pedal strikes not great for 27.5 either .
He comments negatively on things that does not fit his body type and his trails. Unfortunately, not everyone has his body type or ride Sedona or where ever he is.

But anyways... I do appreciate his input on how the frame feels. I paid attention to ride qualities of a frame before pulling the trigger. Altho he didn't review the Marley but he did reviews on Ragley alu and steel frames.

Last edited:

GreenMachine

He comments negatively on things that does not fit his body type and his trails. Unfortunately, not everyone has his body type or ride Sedona or where ever he is.

But anyways... I do appreciate his input on how the frame feels. I paid attention to ride qualities of a frame before pulling the trigger. Altho he didn't review the Marley but he did reviews on Ragley alu and steel frames.
Yes said the carbon SC chameleon was a shit ride -V Alu - interestingly Santa Cruz discontinued it in 22’.

Good point on Sedona - he’s riding rock slabs in every video.

Top Bottom